Diablo 3 was setup to be a console game

#1ItsDeeBeePosted 3/28/2013 3:42:43 PM
In my opinion Diablo 3 was setup to be a console game.

Here's why:

- The reason only 4 players are allowed into a game is for 4 controllers.
- The reason the quests make you walk in a linear closed circuit as opposed to big open worlds, is to keep your buds next to you on the same screen.
- The reason for no skill points or complicated number crunching? To make console players happy.
- The reason you have 4-5 skills on your bar at once? Very easy to use an Xbox/Ps3 controller to use skills.
- The reason no runes / complicated item mechanics exists. Simply wouldn't be fun for console gamers.
- The reason you can't host a named game? Auto join for console users.
- The reason for achievements in game? It's popular among console / COD fans.
- The reason for passive skills? Perks like Call of Duty uses. Everyone unlocks perks and uses their favorite ones.
- PC gamers are just beta testing for the console release so it wont be full of bugs. That's how ActiBlizz intends to make the real money.
- Also explains why the game doesn't have VoIP for Pc gamer chat.

Feel free to disagree.
#2Mad_Cow46Posted 3/28/2013 3:45:13 PM(edited)
or feel free to not give a rats ass.

Edit:

all of those excuses are just regurgitated parrot food.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#3OgreBattle019Posted 3/28/2013 4:23:25 PM
lol
---
| . _-~^*''' o . ''*^-'|_--~^*'' .o ''*^-'|
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
#4ManBe4rPig2021Posted 3/28/2013 11:25:23 PM
or feel free to not give a rats ass.

you just did. by stating yourself and posting in this topic. and i too, am giving a rats ass about it. another fine example of the morons that come to defend this game.
---
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!
#5PathlessBulletPosted 3/28/2013 11:31:47 PM
Typical "if this game doesn't have ______ feature its because of consoles" post.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#6XtraTPosted 3/29/2013 2:24:33 AM
ItsDeeBee posted...

Here's why:

- The reason only 4 players are allowed into a game is for 4 controllers.
- The reason the quests make you walk in a linear closed circuit as opposed to big open worlds, is to keep your buds next to you on the same screen.
- The reason for no skill points or complicated number crunching? To make console players happy.
- The reason you have 4-5 skills on your bar at once? Very easy to use an Xbox/Ps3 controller to use skills.
- The reason no runes / complicated item mechanics exists. Simply wouldn't be fun for console gamers.
- The reason for passive skills? Perks like Call of Duty uses. Everyone unlocks perks and uses their favorite ones.
- PC gamers are just beta testing for the console release so it wont be full of bugs. That's how ActiBlizz intends to make the real money.

Feel free to disagree.

Is it the same reason why Steam only games can be played by only 2-4 players too?

Open world in D2? Lmao, Act 1 is one giant line, act 2 is get in tunnel, out of tunnel, get in tunnel, repeat. Act 3 is an even tighter line than act 1. Act 4 is like 2 rooms. Act 5 is also a line.

Actually it's to make the game better. If you want to use a calculator go play D2. Also, I'm 100% positive that you never number crunched in your life and just looked at FAQs.

D2 hammerdin setup; Left mouse: hammer. Right mouse: aura. Add a teleport bind if you had nigma. D2 was such a console game! And D1 was also actually on console. Zomg console franchise.

Runes were complicated? lol you're cute

No hosted games? Because 95% of them were to scam. I don't see how making it easier to join friends' games means a console port. Get friends maybe?

Yeah Steam aka PC games has no achievement system at all.

Yeah passive skills like weapon masteries never exited in Diablo 2. D2 is such a COD version of D1 anyway. 90% of the skill trees in D2 were passives that gave you +2% damage boost and AR in some skill.

How dare Blizzard add patches of content! The scoundrels.

There's no VOIP in D2 and it was the best ARPG before D3.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#7Motions_NLPosted 3/29/2013 2:32:35 AM
Didn't we all knew this already weeks ago? bit late hey
---
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Motions-2564/
#8burtonbswPosted 3/29/2013 3:51:38 AM(edited)
While I agree with a few of those there are most I do not agree with. Those being...

ItsDeeBee posted...

Here's why:

Feel free to disagree.

-No skill points I think is comes down to them not wanting people to complain about how they messed up their build by misplacing 2-3 points. Console games have had stat distribution previously.

-The 6 active skills was to give an increase to the choices that you have in combat. Still limiting so that it gives a fake feeling of having to play tactically. And, in D2, most people didn't have a ton of active skills, most skill points were used to snyergize.

-How is it that runes would be fun for 1 group but not the other?

-Hosted games with names? Who gives two flying monkey f***s?

-Achievements? As a previous poster stated, Steam is crawling with achievements.

-Passives have been around way before CoD. Hell, most of D2's speccing was trying to figure out what passives worked best for you.

-ActiBlizz makes their real money on console gamers? Ever hear of WoW? It is a small time MMO with a minor player base that has a monthly fee that people pay to play an outdated game. Also, releasing games with bugs has always been around, but making sure they are not cleaned up as much has sadly became the industry norm.

-While VoIP is becoming more common as a feature of PC gaming it is not the standard.

Of course, those are all just my opinion and may not be the way everyone thinks.
---
-XBL GT: SublimeBW
#9Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 3/29/2013 6:54:18 AM

This one is interesting. SC2 was released back in 2010, has VoIP support, is not getting put on consoles, and was designed for PC.

Whereas D3 was released in 2012, does not have VoIP support, is getting put on consoles, and speculated by fans that it was designed for consoles.
---
Ryyaann is banned.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193