I'm surprised. The biggest 'D3 killer" I've seen is.....

#1RevoltnepresPosted 5/1/2013 4:44:28 PM
actually League of Legends. Every person I knew who was so stoked for this game is not, not only super butthurt and disappointed, but they've left the game entirely. But not for another arpg, like I keep seeing on these boards. PoE will kill D3! Torchlight II will kill D3! Marvel Heroes is the newest of these annoying 'killers'.

They all are now die hard LoL players. Which I just can't stand as a game. I loved the bigger battlegrounds in WoW, but hated smaller arena battles. I'm just a Moba hater, so I can't join their bandwagon of epeen competition.

Anyway, it just caught me off guard. I'm talking over 20 guys now that have completely put D3 to the side and are only on LoL. I wouldn't mind, but like I said, not a fan, so I just lost 20+ friends to farm or play other games with.

Anyone else on here have friends that quit for LoL, or have quit themselves for that game. If so, why? Just really like starting from 0 each new game and unlocking your character within a matter of 20-40 minutes? Is it a challenge or something? I'll never understand, but I'd like to know why.
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#2Mad_Cow46Posted 5/1/2013 4:55:44 PM
Oh yeah LoL kills D3. it's even more repetitive one mapped and P2W.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#3Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 5/1/2013 4:57:27 PM
Lol finally he admits it
---
http://i.imgur.com/4KB3Ekn.png
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#4Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:03:23 PM
I wasn't being serious wen I called it a killer. I was being as ridiculous as the other people expecting a single game to 'kill' D3. I was just pointing out that all my friends are quitting for LoL, not for another game that plays like D3, as in arpg.

Mad Cow y u so mad?
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#5RocketdotPosted 5/1/2013 5:09:17 PM
I really enjoyed LoL for a time, as did probably most people who play PC games. How long has it been #1 now on the board? For years it seems. It relies heavily on teamwork which is good, makes for a sour community but it's good for a game generally speaking. It does rely on skill and experience. Noobs are separated from the pros by a huge margin.

It's free, that helps. There's a great variety of heroes and strategies. Choosing your items and levels each time can make for a different experience every time, even when using the same hero. Only thing that keeps me from going back is the lack of maps, don't know why they cannot make 8-10. It's not like they have to change the layout, as I know certain map layouts are 'perfectly balanced', just the scenery.
#6Mad_Cow46Posted 5/1/2013 5:14:00 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
I wasn't being serious wen I called it a killer. I was being as ridiculous as the other people expecting a single game to 'kill' D3. I was just pointing out that all my friends are quitting for LoL, not for another game that plays like D3, as in arpg.

Mad Cow y u so mad?

... irregardless of you being serious LoL is a LoL fest.
---
#7Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:14:14 PM
Thank you for an actual answer. Isn't the map just three trails, one on top, one in mid and one on bottom? You just kill towers and make your way to the opposite corner to kill the big castle, or something. My ex was addicted to it like it was heroin or something.

The more I watched, the more I wanted to bang my head against the wall. He just ran up, hit, then ran away to heal. Rinse and repeat. I was like, how is running away half the time so fun?

But anyway, to each their own. I do appreciate the responses to my topic, as, like I said, I didn't really stay to watch an entire game as I couldn't stand the very premise to begin with. Also, it's the only reason my ex left me, so now I hate it even more.
---
#8Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:15:44 PM
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Revoltnepres posted...

Mad Cow y u so mad?

... irregardless of you being serious LoL is a LoL fest.

What does that mean? Do you like the game, hate the game? I don't understand.
---
#9Mad_Cow46Posted 5/1/2013 5:38:20 PM
i'm being super serial mang.
---
#10Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 5:55:12 PM
/facepalm
I can't understand you. On another note, though, l saw someone named madcow playing MH beta this last weekend. Was going to ask if that was you, but you ported somewhere before I could. You're the only madcow I know.
---