I'm surprised. The biggest 'D3 killer" I've seen is.....

#21MMF_LegacyPosted 5/1/2013 7:31:24 PM
JERM57 posted...
Signs of a troll topic:
1. Uses incomplete sentences as a title. Check.
2. Uses hot button words like "[Insert Game]-killer" and other derogatory memes. Check.
3. Baits for angry replies with phrases like, "y u so mad?". Check.
4. Responds with name-calling like "fanboy". Check.
5. Real and/or faked inability to understand replies repeatedly. Check.

Thar that be a troll thread, pardner.

Avast ye' land lubber!!
#22Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 7:53:14 PM
I'm flattered, but I'm not dumb enough nor smart enough to be a troll. You guys are so defensive over a topic that wasn't even attacking your precious D3. I was just pointing out Irony. I play this game as a DH and don't hate it in any way, shape or form. I wasn't disappointed because I had no expectation. I didn't play D1 or D2 and I've never played an ARPG before this.

I wasn't calling anything a D3 killer. If anything, I was trash talking on LoL, which is a game I know nothing about. I agree with Mad Cow, though, if I didn't know the PoE fanbase, I'd think this game had the worst fanboys.

I like this game. I bought two copies and had no idea what it was supposed to be like. I just see all these 'random game is going to be the next D3 killer' but no one mentions LoL, which seems to be where everyone is actually going.
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#23MMF_LegacyPosted 5/1/2013 7:56:41 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
I just see all these 'random game is going to be the next D3 killer' but no one mentions LoL, which seems to be where everyone is actually going.

20+ people you know isn't "everybody".
#24Mad_Cow46Posted 5/1/2013 8:01:40 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
Revoltnepres posted...
I just see all these 'random game is going to be the next D3 killer' but no one mentions LoL, which seems to be where everyone is actually going.

20+ people you know isn't "everybody".

i sure as hell don't know 20 people who play LoL.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#25JonWhitakerPosted 5/1/2013 8:09:12 PM
I enjoy both games, but lol comes out on top for me because I like competition in video games. starting from square one every game and having to use strategy and 'skill' is a big draw to certain gamers.

if you duel or pve with someone in a game like diablo, the person who has logged more hours/spent more cash will be the victor.

if you go up against the best lol player ever you can beat them just by outsmarting them. it's based on strategy and skill instead of solely items you've found over time and how long you grinded for.

some people use video games to escape realty, some to build a strong character, and some like them for competition and strategy.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#26Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:11:54 PM
Okay, so you're one to take my sentences out of context. I simply meant 'everyone' in my particular circle of friends who left D3 for another game. I didn't think I'd have to be this specific about what I'm trying to convey. If we're going to be picky, I shouldn't have used the term 'everyone' simply because not 'everyone' in the entire world plays this game.

I assumed you could use your brain to see my point without me having to be super picky about something as trivial as my wording of said obvious point.

You're just grasping at anything and everything you possibly can. I'm not trolling or dissing on your precious D3 game in the least.
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#27Revoltnepres(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2013 8:14:26 PM
JonWhitaker posted...
I enjoy both games, but lol comes out on top for me because I like competition in video games. starting from square one every game and having to use strategy and 'skill' is a big draw to certain gamers.

if you duel or pve with someone in a game like diablo, the person who has logged more hours/spent more cash will be the victor.

if you go up against the best lol player ever you can beat them just by outsmarting them. it's based on strategy and skill instead of solely items you've found over time and how long you grinded for.

some people use video games to escape realty, some to build a strong character, and some like them for competition and strategy.

Tank you. This is what I was looking for in this post. Points of interest in LoL over D3. I have no understanding of LoL, so I appreciate these replies. I posted here because this is where D3 people come, even after they're done playing it, or if they happen to play both games.
---
#28Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 5/1/2013 8:39:59 PM
Revoltnepres posted...
actually League of Legends.

You actually might be correct. This poll was taken a few days ago.
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/954437-league-of-legends/66063808

Darksteel posted...
LoL is pretty much the only game I can think of that actually has a worse fanbase than Diablo 3

Is that even remotely possible? Can the LoL fanbase really beat players crying because Blizz keeps nerfing stuff? Or can it beat constant hater threads by trolls on a daily basis? Pretty sure the LoL board isn't as bad as this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4KB3Ekn.png
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#29pkmn_legendPosted 5/1/2013 8:48:42 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Revoltnepres posted...

Darksteel posted...
LoL is pretty much the only game I can think of that actually has a worse fanbase than Diablo 3

Is that even remotely possible? Can the LoL fanbase really beat players crying because Blizz keeps nerfing stuff? Or can it beat constant hater threads by trolls on a daily basis? Pretty sure the LoL board isn't as bad as this.

He's right it's sad but that board is full of sheep posing as pros it's godawful. Heaven forbid you try something unconventional every now and again they'll hang you out to dry in a quick second, I love the game but the community is pure garbage.
---
Legendary Lurker Status
#30MMF_LegacyPosted 5/1/2013 9:06:48 PM
Ryyaann_Is_Band posted...
Revoltnepres posted...

That was the LoL board. If you did the same here, it may be there other way around. I say maybe, because our forum is renown for haters to remain here all day after being disappointed with the game, and they may botch the poll.