why are pc gamers so mad that this is coming to the ps3?

#1lolamericansPosted 5/1/2013 5:27:58 PM
how does it affect you
#2Mad_Cow46Posted 5/1/2013 5:32:55 PM
they come to this board.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#3DarksteelPosted 5/1/2013 6:27:43 PM
Isn't it taking focus away from PC updates? Not that they are quick with those to begin with.
---
Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general -Mark Rippetoe
#4KhelThuzadPosted 5/1/2013 6:29:42 PM
- No AH
---
carriers are synonymous with instantaneous-winination - parrot_of_adun
Doesnt work in inferno, the monsters kill you and farm you for gold instead - havok718
#5Ryyaann_Is_BandPosted 5/1/2013 7:02:45 PM
Darksteel posted...
Isn't it taking focus away from PC updates? Not that they are quick with those to begin with.

Of course. At this rate patches will take way longer since nobody is going to want to play PTR on the PS3. Not that anyone wanted to play PTR on the PC version but that's besides the point.
---
http://i.imgur.com/4KB3Ekn.png
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193
#6Mad_Cow46Posted 5/1/2013 7:05:34 PM
I bet the PS3 version is going to be counted as the expansion.
---
Has anyone seen my parrot?
#7CanuckCowboyPosted 5/1/2013 8:12:55 PM
It should be the PS3 owners who are mad, m I rite?

>_>
---
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it is on my list.
"If we don't go crazy once in a while, we'll all go crazy." ~ Hawkeye Pierce.
#8RevoltnepresPosted 5/1/2013 8:16:54 PM
It's the PS3 people who tend to taunt the PC gamers into going into their so called 'elitist' mentality. I, being a player of both PC and 360 games, am a little annoyed that they waited so long to say they're going to release it on a console, simply because I would've waited for that instead of buying it on the pc.
---
"Oh yea? Well you can't confirm or disprove science, so what do they think of that?' - Mikey, on science explaining 'ghost-phenomenon' photos.
#9JonWhitakerPosted 5/1/2013 8:19:05 PM
Darksteel posted...

this was my biggest issue. no matter how you look at it, porting this to the ps3 is taking up a ton of resources on the diablo team, resources that could have all been focused on patches and the expansion for just the pc.

not only does porting it to the ps3 take a ton of work, but now any future updates have to been considered on both platforms, implemented on both platforms, different issues can come up for one platform or the other, ect. for a company to continue to update a game on multiple platforms is an enormous amount of work compared to just focusing on one, and naturally that will lead to delays, less features, and longer times to get anything done.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/lightningbla-1777/
#10ZarchoniaPosted 5/1/2013 8:32:41 PM
JonWhitaker posted...
Darksteel posted...

this was my biggest issue. no matter how you look at it, porting this to the ps3 is taking up a ton of resources on the diablo team, resources that could have all been focused on patches and the expansion for just the pc.

not only does porting it to the ps3 take a ton of work, but now any future updates have to been considered on both platforms, implemented on both platforms, different issues can come up for one platform or the other, ect. for a company to continue to update a game on multiple platforms is an enormous amount of work compared to just focusing on one, and naturally that will lead to delays, less features, and longer times to get anything done.

Historically devs have only focused on either pc or console version and sort of left the other to rot (with some updates but sparingly). Lets just hope that the PC version remains the version they focus on.
---
"How do you prove we exist? Maybe we don't exist." -Vivi