Shard of Hate - to nerf or not to nerf

#31CarbonightsPosted 4/9/2014 11:13:50 AM
SoH instantly takes a Barb only capable of doing T2 or T3 up to turning T6 into a farmfest. NO other item, or class, is capable of this.

It's broken, period. I don't care if it's a single player game (which it isn't, especially once Tiered Rifts come out), that doesn't mean there doesn't need to be balance.
---
IGN (probably): Carbonights
#32Dead-DragonPosted 4/9/2014 11:23:48 AM(edited)
Thundercleese posted...
Dang, you sound like Gollum when someone is trying to take away his precious. I thought I explained it pretty clearly already, but to reiterate, this has absolutely nothing to do with jealousy, and everything to do with wanting steady progression, diversity, and balance in the game.

I don't really give a ****. It's a nice item to make the build I want to use on my wizard viable in higher torments, but not at all necessary to farm the same difficulty. I've never spun to win and I'm not going to start now, and honestly there might be something wrong with the interactions between it and whirlwind if it's allowing 600k dps barbarians to farm T6. Because that is not at all true for any other class. Which would require a fix not a nerf.

And you want steady progression in a game that hands you random loot? I'm done with you. ****ing clueless. Someone needs to go back to WoW where they belong.
#33Darkinsanity1Posted 4/9/2014 11:25:08 AM
Carbonights posted...
SoH instantly takes a Barb only capable of doing T2 or T3 up to turning T6 into a farmfest. NO other item, or class, is capable of this.

It's broken, period. I don't care if it's a single player game (which it isn't, especially once Tiered Rifts come out), that doesn't mean there doesn't need to be balance.

This just isn't true. It certainly doesn't do this on it's own. You would have to have excellent supporting gear around it and another good weapon to do this. You also have to be able to survive. Let's try not to spread lies.

Unless you can prove it? The video above really isn't proof, those are easy to beat bosses and it's not hard to survive them. But playing on T6 efficiently and surviving those elites? That's another story. I bet there are very few people actually doing this and the ones that are probably have excellent gear in addition to the SoH.
---
Every time you read this, squirrels randomly burst into flames. Think of the squirrels.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Darkinsanity-1468/hero/1924799
#34ThundercleesePosted 4/9/2014 11:52:17 AM
Dead-Dragon posted...
And you want steady progression in a game that hands you random loot? I'm done with you. ****ing clueless. Someone needs to go back to WoW where they belong.

LOL, boy are you grumpy. Is "progression" in a random loot game really that difficult of a concept or do you simply hate the idea of it?

It's pretty easy to understand, but I'll go over it one more time:

I believe it's better game design in general to require multiple pieces of gear that you would acquire over an extended period of play time, rather than a single piece of gear that you find from a single drop, to achieve a character capable of taking on the game's toughest challenges.

In line with this philosophy, at least the way it is currently functioning, Shard of Hate's proc effect might be more suitable as a full set bonus.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#35wind953Posted 4/9/2014 12:53:36 PM
Is SoH most effectively used by a ww barb because of the fast attack speed? Maybe then SoH isn't OP by itself but depends on which class uses it? If it's used by a Crusader where attack speed usually isn't the focus (at least from most builds I've seen), it probably wouldn't be that op?
#36GENERALJA0Posted 4/9/2014 1:01:19 PM
Carbonights posted...

Someone sounds jelly they don't have one
---
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...
PSN- DeaDja0 XBL - KiLLER JA0
#37FrostyZaimokPosted 4/9/2014 2:10:09 PM
If you think this is the most broken weapon in the game you're pretty ignorant. There's one ahead of this with far less attention.
---
Lose = Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
Loose = GameFAQS Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
#38TAoRPosted 4/9/2014 2:17:48 PM
FrostyZaimok posted...
If you think this is the most broken weapon in the game you're pretty ignorant. There's one ahead of this with far less attention.

Go on