Bliz is buffing 2-handers!

#1Arcom8065Posted 7/17/2014 1:47:11 PM
Rejoice! 25% damage buff! To balance this Heavenly Strength will apply a 20% damage penalty to crusaders. Still missing a socket but it's a good start.

<http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13510080878>
---
I pretend to leave and then......SURPRISE ATTACK!!!!
#2Shale0Posted 7/17/2014 2:01:05 PM
This change is retroactive to existing live items.

Niiiiiiice. I'd still like to see an extra socket so you're not losing the opportunity for two emeralds, but this ain't bad.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/national/fallen/
#3ThundercleesePosted 7/17/2014 2:08:31 PM
Shale0 posted...

Niiiiiiice. I'd still like to see an extra socket so you're not losing the opportunity for two emeralds, but this ain't bad.

Yeah, the 2-socket idea is not new and would be cool, but the challenge there would be with what happens to crusaders. They would need some crazy rebalancing (nerfing) to make it work or else they'd end up seriously OP.

I think it would probably work better if instead gems were twice as effective in 2-handed weapons when no off-hand is in use.
---
Don't think of it as deferred gratification. Think of it as immediate suffering. - Peter Bellamy
#4AthinielPosted 7/17/2014 2:16:12 PM
Thundercleese posted...
Shale0 posted...

Yeah, the 2-socket idea is not new and would be cool, but the challenge there would be with what happens to crusaders. They would need some crazy rebalancing (nerfing) to make it work or else they'd end up seriously OP.

I think it would probably work better if instead gems were twice as effective in 2-handed weapons when no off-hand is in use.

That would be an awful idea. Shield sockets don't get the weapon effects. A change like that would mean that Crusaders are the only class that can't benefit from the socket change.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/athiniel-1803/hero/43504921
#5Arcom8065(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 2:19:15 PM
As the testing is done we'll see if the damage buff is comparable to an extra emerald. I'm just more fascinated to see if there will be 2 handers with powerful unique effects that will make the offhand /dual-wield sacrifice worth it for monks, barbs and staves.
---
I pretend to leave and then......SURPRISE ATTACK!!!!
#6Megaman OmegaPosted 7/17/2014 2:49:16 PM
I thought i would go to 1hand weapons for sure with my Barbarian. This changes everything.
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#7joshiki_rPosted 7/17/2014 3:04:15 PM
Thundercleese posted...

o u mean like the rediculously OP witch doctors hitting for 145 mil crits?
#82Cold_ScorpioPosted 7/17/2014 4:00:35 PM
Pretty cool but I don't really understand the need for the crusader nerf; its not like its a competitive game; what's it matter if a class is a bit stronger? /shrug Still, the 2H buff is a good thing.
#9Dead-DragonPosted 7/17/2014 4:21:45 PM
Athiniel posted...
Thundercleese posted...
Shale0 posted...

That would be an awful idea. Shield sockets don't get the weapon effects. A change like that would mean that Crusaders are the only class that can't benefit from the socket change.

Sure they could, if they didn't use a shield :)
#10tiamattttPosted 7/17/2014 4:43:05 PM
2Cold_Scorpio posted...
Pretty cool but I don't really understand the need for the crusader nerf; its not like its a competitive game; what's it matter if a class is a bit stronger? /shrug Still, the 2H buff is a good thing.

It's not a competitive game, but it's still good to at least try to achieve some sort of balance between the classes so people just don't flock to one class while ignoring the others. (Obviously they have quite a way to go) I main sader, and while I would love the giant sized boost I would know that it's OP as hell and would only result in huge nerfs later. Like saders already does great damage now, give them a 25% boost while keeping all the benefits of the shield is just crazy, especially combined with great weapons like FOTF. Still even with the HS drawback I'm getting a free 5% boost of damage, so here's another reason to look forward to patch 2.1