This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Normally pawn shop prices are bad... Not today

#1Slipknot2430Posted 8/17/2011 12:14:31 AM
I went in today just to look, came out with Zelda: wind waker, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Gauntlet Legends for 19 bucks. I already owned Wind Waker so I sold it on ebay for 30 bucks today.
Anyone else ever get lucky like this
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!
#2NecrosexuaIPosted 8/17/2011 12:46:27 AM
pawn shop prices here are badass. but then, $70+ for a new game here is a standard, so getting a game for $30 or less is lucky.
---
ANGRY**** BY NATURE, CHILL BY CIGARETTES
ONE PART THE FUHRER, ONE PART THE POPE -- vspominai menja
#3SquareSidePosted 8/17/2011 4:03:31 AM
I make a killing on DS games at my pawn shop.

Final Fantasy IV
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
The World Ends With You
Mario & Luigi Partners in Time
Kingdom Hearts ReCoded
Dragon Quest IX

ALL from five to seven bucks!!! The cartridges are all legit.

This same pawn shop is also responsible for such SNES finds as Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy III(bought together for 6 bucks). Final Fantasy II at 2 separate times.

I love my pawn shop. I make sure to stop by once every week or so.
---
PSN/XBL - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#4BeknessPosted 8/17/2011 5:30:41 AM
Wow, you guys are lucky. 360 and ps3 games at my pawn shop are $15 each. Ps2 and xbox games are 3 for $25.

I have no idea how much wii games are, they never have any good ones.
#5RyuVegasPosted 8/17/2011 5:39:44 AM
^ That. Though I did get a Wiimote AND Nunchuk for $15 at my local one. Everything else is pretty poor selection and pricing.
---
"If we can hit this Bullseye the rest of the Dominos will fall like a House of Cards... Checkmate." ~ Zapp Brannigan
#6Slipknot2430(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2011 7:04:47 AM
For Wii games they had a pretty poor selection... Although They did have Trauma Center 2nd opinion or whatever it was called for $11, I didn't buy it because I didn't know if it was any good or if that was even a good price. I only got the games I did because I know they will sell on ebay for more than what I paid for them. I did also get Super Smash Brothers Melee for $7, but it didn't work so I gotta take it back today.
---
Arizona needs a professional soccer team!
#7NeojianXPosted 8/17/2011 8:29:57 AM(edited)
I told you. : )

Not all pawnshops but some. But you might want to get to know the dudes and try and get one of the Gamer dudes that works there. : )

Gamestop : $35.00 for some stuff, but 20% off if cash.

Pre-played : $40.00 cash

Pawnshop: $70-$90.00 for the same stuff. : )

However a lot of places automatically will only give you $5.00 for $30-$40.00 Wii games without looking them up, and $7-$10.00 for $19.99 PSP games without looking them up.

Much better than ebay or Amazon after them getting their cut. That is for trading. However that pawnshop charges more for those games than Gamestop and Pre-played. The same high ass prices for games sold buy greedy sellers on Amazon. Specially main character games like Pokemon Revolution which they sell for full price, but they will give around $20 for it. They sell collector's editions for top dollars also.

: )
---
Life on Mars and I haven't even left Earth? : )
#8glyde69Posted 8/17/2011 8:29:46 AM
I can't imagine any situation in life which would require me to walk into a scurvy pawn shop.

I can't fathom it.
---
Gamer Tag: Wally Digital PSN name: Wally Digital Wii Code:2550-7930-3602-5785
#9NeojianXPosted 8/17/2011 8:34:42 AM
I sold 4 Virtual Boys with clamshell case and 4 games each to some pawnshops for $150.00 each. Glad I went to those places back then. Considering I got each one from Blockbuster when they phased them out for $15.00 each.

I pwn'd those pawnshops. However they actually sold each one to some sucker. : )

Each one did have the best Warioland game ever made. . ...... .... and Waterworld. XD
---
#10NeojianXPosted 8/17/2011 10:06:22 AM(edited)
Winning! : )

osted 8/17/2011 4:29:46 AM
message detail

I can't imagine any situation in life which would require me to walk into a scurvy pawn shop.

I can't fathom it

But you shop at Gamestop? XD
---