This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I use the Wii's USB Port to watch movies with a FLash Drive

#19-Tail-FoXXPosted 3/23/2012 7:18:18 AM
I dont have the Wii with me to try it but can you use the USB ports to watch Movies just like the Xbox 360 & PS3
#2SF_BahaPosted 3/23/2012 7:25:42 AM
Nope.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#3_bandersnatchPosted 3/23/2012 8:12:53 AM
i can, but you can't.
---
bandersnatch- a person of uncouth or unconventional habits, attitudes, etc. , esp. one considered a menace, nuisance, or the like.
raptr.com/ibandersnatch
#4drewdrewdrewPosted 3/23/2012 8:56:55 AM
unfortunately, Nintendo is against anything modern, so they chose to put out a gaming-only machine.

they essentially forced peoples' hands to mod their systems, which Nintendo is constantly trying to prevent with updates, connect24, etc....it's like they want us to stay happy with their inferior products even though it's EASY to turn your Wii into a better product.
#5Luthor_Posted 3/23/2012 10:50:57 AM
*cough* Homebrew *cough*
---
Waiting for Dragons Dogma and The Witcher 2
#6FanimaXIVPosted 3/23/2012 4:01:30 PM
Yes.
---
Seriously, I'd like to play a new Wave Race, Outrun, Live-A-Live or Super Spike V'Ball before I quit gaming. Remake or Sequel.
#7JKatarnPosted 3/23/2012 4:34:39 PM
drewdrewdrew posted...
unfortunately, Nintendo is against anything modern, so they chose to put out a gaming-only machine.

they essentially forced peoples' hands to mod their systems, which Nintendo is constantly trying to prevent with updates, connect24, etc....it's like they want us to stay happy with their inferior products even though it's EASY to turn your Wii into a better product.

I consider movie playing/music etc. nice extras - I buy gaming consoles to you know, PLAY GAMES, not consume other media, if you want to watch a movie it's easy enough to pop a DVD/Blu-Ray into your player.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#8Lum_YatsuraPosted 3/23/2012 4:39:48 PM
Not normally. Nintendo won't provide software for that.

You'd need to find ways to use a fan made program against their rules.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#9TheReaSolCutterPosted 3/23/2012 5:09:20 PM
Maybe it's changed, but when I had a 360, it wasn't able to play a video off a USB flash drive, either. Though I think it had a DLNA renderer (client) if you wanted to go that route.