This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wii classic controller pro > gamecube anybody?

#1xCha0sPosted 7/5/2011 3:32:02 PM(edited)
besides the cheap plastic feeling of the classic controller pro, and the frequent need to detach and re-attach it when first plugged in, i think the actual layout of said controller is superb, and that it's probably questionably better than the gamecube controller. my main issue is the cheap plastic feel and the weight, but if they had spent another 10-20 dollars on the sturdiness of it, i could easily say its one of the best controllers of all time IMO. i have the gold one, and i'm in love with it.

thoughts?
#2Dark_SilverXPosted 7/5/2011 3:32:14 PM
Always gamecube for me.

I'm so used to that style.
---
Wii FC, PSN, XBL, DS FC's in profile. Monster Hunter Tri ID: YGMCDR
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
#3xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 3:46:27 PM(edited)
i have three separate issues with the gamecube pad

1) it's wired. even with the extended wire of the LE white cube controller, i think we've moved on into the wireless age now, and its become obsolete

2) the dpad is bad. most people agree with me, i havent found anyone to ever disagree. if you do disagree, PLEASE say so now, and express your views as well, anyone?

3) the L and R buttons are too hard to press down. this is very vital to me, and it literally hurts my fingers after a while, big turnoff if you ask me.....

all of these issues are addressed with the classic pro. the FOUR shoulder buttons (opposed to just two) are quite easy to press down. no added comfort or curve to them, but they are more comfortable to press. the dpad is perfect. its wireless, though you are reliant on wii remote batteries which is a separate issue if we're going to move into wii remote battery life, i recommend charge stations to alleviate this separate Wii remote flaw.
#4ja_schafferPosted 7/5/2011 3:36:46 PM
I don't think it feels cheap. Light != Cheap.
---
This message was posted from Lynx.
All other browsers are for quitters.
#5xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 3:43:01 PM(edited)
some can argue wired gameplay is superior for lagless gameplay but i dont know if it's worth the tradeoff to play perfectly lagless smash melee fox only final destination for anyone who isnt actively competing in tournaments..most of us simply don't care and prefer wireless gameplay. all current gen technology, even cellphones have gone wireless nowadays, and most people like the direction, so lets not bother going into that. if you are a purist then you should be playing melee on a gamecube anyhow, not wii. ignore this topic i was just trying to say most people arent that anal about it.
#6AggrikenPosted 7/5/2011 3:43:37 PM
Get a Wavebird.
---
Pearl FC: 5070-1962-3585
Black FC: 5243-1411-3136
#7xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 3:48:50 PM(edited)
wavebird has the other two issues the original gamecube controller has, still...and i want to add that it's wireless technology is inferior because of the fact that it was one of the first wireless controllers on the market. it uses RF. this isn't the same at all..it is actually quite a big deal. ive experienced tremendous lag spikes on said controller that are so noticable that i cant brush them off like i can a wii remotes minor lag issue.
#8guedesbrawlPosted 7/5/2011 3:48:51 PM
^you can do way more with the R/L of the gamecube
guess how would ya play luigi's mansion or mario sunshine with CC shoulder button

the d-pad has issues,but most games don't need then for very critical functions.the most trouble one could have, is tauting in brawl.or maybe tricks i mario kart wii if you know how to use all 4 separatedly

the layouit of the 4 action buttons is enought to make the gc worthy,and th confy R/L are definitively a pro to me
---
i'm a brazilian.i know that many pirate games here.seems like it isn't even a crime
#9AggrikenPosted 7/5/2011 3:49:13 PM
True, but GC controller plays Gamecube games, which I think is the only tradeoff.
---
Pearl FC: 5070-1962-3585
Black FC: 5243-1411-3136
#10xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2011 3:51:14 PM(edited)
^you can do way more with the R/L of the gamecube
guess how would ya play luigi's mansion or mario sunshine with CC shoulder button

it's true, it has no pressure sensitivity. if anything, that's why i said that the ccpro is about 20 dollars of work from being one of the best.......they tried to keep it cheap and sacrificed added quality.

True, but GC controller plays Gamecube games, which I think is the only tradeoff.

ill have more to say about this in 1 year