This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wiimote Sensor no longer working! (The controller's sensor, not the sensor bar.)

#1UltimaGabePosted 7/14/2011 11:27:10 AM
A few days ago, the sensor on one of my wiimotes stopped working. I have two controllers (both with a Nyko harging station), and I don't use either of them very much- I don't play games very much anymore, but I do watch movies on Netflix practically every day. One wiimote works normally, but the other just doesn't show up when I point it at the sensor bar. The buttons all still work, and I can still do anything that requires the wiimote as long as it doesn't require the cursor, but the sensor on the front of the controller just doesn't work. Nothing happened to it- it just stopped working one day.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
---
PSN ID: RedSleeves
"I am Nanaki, son of the warrior Seto!"
#2UltimaGabe(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2011 8:17:20 PM
Nobody?
---
PSN ID: RedSleeves
"I am Nanaki, son of the warrior Seto!"
#3Numbuh100Posted 7/15/2011 11:49:46 PM
Sync it?
---
PSN: THE_REAL_MMK
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK
#4Sonic2ShadowPosted 7/16/2011 4:18:12 AM
UltimaGabe posted...
I have two controllers (both with a Nyko harging station)

Anyone know what the problem might be?

That may be the source of your problem. Only truly safe chargers for Wiimotes are rechargeable AA's, or Induction Chargers (like the power mat). Ones that have you charge by plugging it into the nunchuk port are full of problems, you're lucky your remote still works a little bit, I've had people coming in later saying their remotes stopped working entirely, no matter what kind of batteries they used.

Try using regular AAs and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it, smack the "butt" of the remote (where the nunchuk port is).
---
"Pokemon aren't just things to collect and trade like toys or dolls, you're a monster!" - Misty, Pokemon 2000
#5kobalobasileusPosted 7/16/2011 11:02:23 AM
Nyko charge stands don't plug into the Wiimote expansion port!

TC, check to see if there's any dead skin, filth, or other cruft on the camera end of the Wiimote. I've had controllers stop working because they can't see past all the crud that accumulates there when the controller is frequently held sideways. Wiping off the camera solved all my problems.

Holding the Wiimote NES-style sticks the camera right into the fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and index finger and the friction from using the d-pad can easily slough dead cells.
#6Sonic2ShadowPosted 7/17/2011 12:22:20 AM
kobalobasileus posted...
Nyko charge stands don't plug into the Wiimote expansion port!

TC, check to see if there's any dead skin, filth, or other cruft on the camera end of the Wiimote. I've had controllers stop working because they can't see past all the crud that accumulates there when the controller is frequently held sideways. Wiping off the camera solved all my problems.

Holding the Wiimote NES-style sticks the camera right into the fleshy part of your hand between your thumb and index finger and the friction from using the d-pad can easily slough dead cells.

Ah, they used to, but I see now, you're right, they charge through the battery cover.
---
"Pokemon aren't just things to collect and trade like toys or dolls, you're a monster!" - Misty, Pokemon 2000