This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do they still make new games for the Wii or are they focusing on the next one?

#1UnbiasedGameRRRPosted 9/26/2011 12:51:43 AM
I know that what usually happens to a console is that when the next console is announced, companies stop making games for the old one and start to focus their development on the upcoming console. The only times that doesn't happen is for consoles that won their gens, ie: PS2, DS, etc. but that obviously doesn't apply here. So is it true for the Wii, and if so, why do you think that is?

I honestly don't know the answer, I've been out of the country for a few months and haven't really been keeping up with things. IMO it would be a shame to just give up at this point but I really don't know how the landscape has changed in the last few months so I might just be crazy.
---
I would rather be dead than play a 360 ever again - suprsolider
#2Phasmatis92Posted 9/26/2011 1:45:34 AM
There are still games being made for the Wii; Dragon Quest X and Mario Party 9 for example.
But yeah, a lot of focus has shifted to the Wii U.
---
"[Skyward Sword with non-motion controls] would be like trying to play Half Life 2 with an NES controller." - clawshot52
#3MozzezzPosted 9/26/2011 2:31:50 AM
UnbiasedGameRRR posted...
I know that what usually happens to a console is that when the next console is announced, companies stop making games for the old one and start to focus their development on the upcoming console. The only times that doesn't happen is for consoles that won their gens, ie: PS2, DS, etc. but that obviously doesn't apply here. So is it true for the Wii, and if so, why do you think that is?

I honestly don't know the answer, I've been out of the country for a few months and haven't really been keeping up with things. IMO it would be a shame to just give up at this point but I really don't know how the landscape has changed in the last few months so I might just be crazy.

Skyward Sword is considered by many to be the last relevant game that's gona be released for the Wii.
---
SSBB Friend Code: 3823-8247-5632
#4yougotthetouchPosted 9/26/2011 4:56:19 AM
The obvious answer to your question is:

Shut up.
#5UnbiasedGameRRR(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 7:33:39 AM
There are still games being made for the Wii; Dragon Quest X and Mario Party 9 for example.
But yeah, a lot of focus has shifted to the Wii U.

That's two games though. Two sequels.

Skyward Sword is considered by many to be the last relevant game that's gona be released for the Wii.

Okay, three.

The obvious answer to your question is:

Shut up.

I don't understand why you would take a question about video games so personally.
---
I would rather be dead than play a 360 ever again - suprsolider