This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

screen cut off

  • Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. screen cut off
3 years ago#1
I just plugged in component cables today and have my wii set to 16:9 and 480p

I have noticed though that it does not fill the screen all the way with a small black bar on the bottom and in Zelda twilight princess a tiny amount of the top of the screen seems to be cut off. I only notice it in the equipment menu when highlighting the top item it cuts off the top of the yellow hilight corners.

is it my TV. it is several years old and when it was bought it was a display model
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
3 years ago#2
Anybody?
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
3 years ago#3
Sounds like your picture placement has been manually moved around and/or zoomed. Check your Wii/TV settings for screen placement or your TV for zoom/stretch/fill.
---
95% of all Zelda players are afraid of wallmasters. The other 5% are lying.
SS FC: 4855 9038 1698 ACCF FC: 0989-5874-7825 James @ Funky
3 years ago#4
I checked both and the screen settings on the wii only let me move it left to right.

On the TV it is set to wide which is what it is supposed to be at for widescreen viewing

That is why I am thinking it is because my TV is several years old and the fact that when it was bought it was a display model in the store
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
3 years ago#5
Check the ratio settings (1.1, Standard, fill, overfill ). It might be set on overfill.
---
A duet by Eddie Murphy and Russell Brand: My Girl Likes to Party All the Time. I got under that umbrella also. : ) 3 is company, too!!!!!
(edited 0 seconds ago)
3 years ago#6
how would I check the ratio settings? also do you mean for the Wii or my TV?
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
3 years ago#7
Twilight Princess might or might not have an in-game widescreen setting, I don't remember.

ozran posted...
how would I check the ratio settings? also do you mean for the Wii or my TV?

TV.

Also, check the aspect ratio format using your TV menu and/or remote. If you set your TV to 16:9, there's going to be cut-off due to the TV. See if it has a "Widescreen" mode that is NOT 16:9.

Also, some games don't fill the screen to very brim even when properly set up.
---
The reign of the cloaks will never end. If giant shoes and puffy pants are eternal, then surely, those cloaks must be the same. Eternal. ~KMAnsem
3 years ago#8
It's your TV
---
YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!! Crank Dat Soulja Weezy!!
Lemme rub that booty meat
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. screen cut off

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived