This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Majora's Mask on Virtual Console problem..

#1IceWindRyuPosted 1/28/2012 2:31:12 AM
..So, I was playing Majora's Mask earlier, and I decided to see what it looks like in 480p, and it definitely does look noticeably more clear. Problem is, the frame rate CLEARLY becomes really unstable when playing in 480p. And then when I switch back to 480i, it looks a little less clear, but the frame rate is much better.

Does anyone else have this problem?
#2RyuVegasPosted 1/28/2012 2:43:41 AM
Arr you serious? The framerate becomes iffy for you? I hate to do this and say this but I can't help you because mine does nothing of the sort. I never turn off 480p and Majora's Mask on VC is even noticeably more stable the GC version on the Collector's Edition Bonus Disc. I honestly don't see how you're having problems with it. At all.
---
GamesNP: SMG2, DKCR, Sonic Colors, Skyward Sword, Rayman Origins, MPTrilogy, Kirby's RtD
FavMusic: Trance, Drum'N'Bass - Fav DJs: Gareth Emery, Pendulum
#3IceWindRyu(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2012 2:51:20 AM
Sigh.

So, can someone please answer my question instead of just insulting me?
#4RyuVegasPosted 1/28/2012 3:10:20 AM
Obviously I'm now going to come off sounding more like a dick than I originally intended and obviously I'm not going to be the one to help you but I wasn't trying insult you. But if I have no problems with the framerate then others will also be problem free and i'd hazard a guess that there is more of us out there problem free that are not going to have any way to be helpful to than there are other people that share your problem.

Which it is such an odd problem. I mean does this framerate problem happen with any other games? It just seemed weird you're only mentioning it with Majora's Mask, which no one else has come forward with this specific problem, especially since the surge of people getting it thanks to Club Nintendo Pricing it at 150 coins until the end of January. How come in the last month you're the only one to mention this problem?

it will be like Pokemon Trainer Abram's topic of asking why his Wii literally just randomly turns on whenever it feels like. The problem is so rare and this board is so slow that realistically you are going to have to be patient for an answer you may never receive.

But Good Luck nonetheless. As I said I don't see the problem with my version of the game, so it happening with your copy is surprising to me.
---
GamesNP: SMG2, DKCR, Sonic Colors, Skyward Sword, Rayman Origins, MPTrilogy, Kirby's RtD
FavMusic: Trance, Drum'N'Bass - Fav DJs: Gareth Emery, Pendulum
#5Lizuka8002Posted 1/28/2012 3:13:49 AM
That's still not all that helpful. "I don't have problems, therefore no one but you does," is kind of a stretch.

I don't pay attention to technical aspects of picture and such myself, don't care too much so long as I can see it, so can't help myself I'm afraid.
#6KetorulzPosted 1/28/2012 7:39:38 AM
A few suggestions my friend:

1. You must tell us the TV settings you use to play on your TV.
2. The TV brand
3. The size of the TV and the aspect ratio.

A few other things might help too, because if it's an old LG Plasma screen, then I know how you feel. I had weird lag in some old games too.
#7The Bad GuyPosted 1/28/2012 8:18:02 PM
I didn't notice any framerate issues, but it has just frozen up on me. Despite articles claiming this version is free of glitches that plagued the Collector's Edition on GC.
---
Jerec (Moderator)| 7/8/2011 4:43:14 AM
GameFAQs Moderators, we're you're Net Nannies whether you want us or not.
#8JAWHN18Posted 1/28/2012 9:56:33 PM
480P ? isnt that the resolution of standard TVs?
or do standard tvs go 360p?
#9IokuaPosted 1/28/2012 9:59:11 PM
JAWHN18 posted...
480P ? isnt that the resolution of standard TVs?
or do standard tvs go 360p?

The standard resolution of televisions is 480i, not 480p.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#10JAWHN18Posted 1/28/2012 10:00:27 PM
oh well then I guess TC should just keep playing on 480i