This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What can a Modded Wii do?

#1MetaXGrossPosted 3/29/2012 3:48:50 PM
I'm not looking to Mod my Wii, I just want to know what they can do. Without a chip.

Can you:

Play Every GameCube Game, N64, & Wii?
---
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
#2kbe2k2Posted 3/29/2012 3:53:54 PM(edited)
No, Yes, Yes.
#3FuzzyJelloPosted 3/29/2012 3:55:59 PM
The things I know exist that come to mind are easy cheat codes launchers, a few media players (Of the "What the Photo Channel should have been able to do" variety), a few original games, a text editor, and a dashboard-like achievement system.
---
The reign of the cloaks will never end. If giant shoes and puffy pants are eternal, then surely, those cloaks must be the same. Eternal. ~KMAnsem
#4_CARLOX_Posted 3/29/2012 5:35:17 PM
it can make pancakes

---
I will only stop drinking when I fall in love... Or fall dead.
#5Jagr_68Posted 3/29/2012 6:50:18 PM
It can moderate stuff
---
"Half the game is mental; the other half is being mental."
NY Rangers [2004-2008] http://twitpic.com/6zdwsh/full
#6New_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/29/2012 6:53:01 PM
A bunch of stuff that nintendo should have let the wii do in the first place.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#7NikraPosted 3/29/2012 11:12:09 PM
You can copy your Wii games on to a USB Harddisc and play them from that.
---
The tyrants ideal: To get a dog to carry it's own whip and being proud of it.
#8Wario_manPosted 3/30/2012 1:17:35 AM
There are certain mods that allow you to play Gamecube games..I think but it's pretty complicated and isn't as easy as it is to get Wii games to play off of an external hard-drive or NES, N64, SNES, GBA games to play off an SD card.

This is because when a Gamecube game starts all functionality with Wii only stuff such as SD card or USB slots stops when it goes into "Gamecube Mode" and since you're using those to play the game, it won't end well.

It can however let you play DVDs, play Wii and the above mentioned games by SD card/USB respectively, hack certain games (Brawl, especially) and add cheats for games and eliminate region locking. Other people can do more stuff than what I've mentioned but they're a lot cleverer than me ^^
---
If someone is stupid enough to buy it there will always be someone smart enough to sell it.
#9Black_AssassinPosted 3/30/2012 1:31:23 AM
Jagr_68 posted...
It can moderate stuff

That makes it better than GameFAQs by default.
---
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Blick+Winkle
#10daevilgenius22Posted 3/30/2012 5:48:25 AM
MetaXGross posted...
I'm not looking to Mod my Wii, I just want to know what they can do. Without a chip.

Can you:

Play Every GameCube Game, N64, & Wii?

yes yes & yes
it's easier to play gamecube games now..how well find that out on your own google is your friend btw
---
Currently Playing:Red Steel 2,Sonic Adventure 2:Battle,Final Fantasy 4 after years,Resident Evil Remake