This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are some good RPG turn based games for the wii? i don't see any...

#1StarmanAnthonyPosted 3/30/2012 6:12:11 AM
what are some good RPG turn based games for the wii? i don't see any...
#2RyuVegasPosted 3/30/2012 6:20:32 AM
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Phantom Brave
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love

Only 3 off the top of my head specifically for Wii. Then off of VC and GCN you have:

Tactics Ogre(N64)
Probably more from SNES and Genesis I juust haven't looked

then:
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Someone else help me out please! I got nothing else. >_<
---
GamesNP: MPTrilogy, SMG2, DKCR, LoZ:SS Hero Mode, Rayman Origins, 999, Advance Wars DS
FavMusic: Trance, Drum'N'Bass - Fav DJs: Gareth Emery, Pendulum
#3PSI_IKEPosted 3/30/2012 6:46:37 AM
Arc Rise Fantasia is pretty decent
---
Black FC 2623 5315 9921
Come to this awesome forum, luminehall.net
#4CyborGamerPosted 3/30/2012 6:58:22 AM
Those are all SRPGs though O_o Well, they are turn-based too so I'll give you that. :p

Arc Rise Fantasia is sadly, the only one I can think of for Wii. It's decent, but nothing mind blowing. There's also Final Fantasy IV: The After Years for wiiware, and the rest being good ol' virtual console games like Breath of Fire II, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy series, Phantasy Star II/IV Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG. Special mention for Shining Force I & II, one my favourite SRPGs.

If you go for Gamecube games, there's also Baten Kaitos series, Megaman X Command Mission, Paper Mario:TTYD, and Skies of Arcadia. That's all I can name, unless you want me to dig into Japanese imports.
---
"Oh Mother Sea, giver of fish, taker of boats, toilet to the world! The Greeks call you Poseidon! The Romans... ...Aquaman!" - Homer Simpson
#5ELFmachineryPosted 3/30/2012 7:56:48 AM
Virtual consolE has the good ones. Unless you need good graphics to make the girls more attractive.
---
PSN: ELFmachinery XBL: chefboyRD1333
Now Playing: Earthbound (SNES) http://backloggery.com/elfmachinery
#6TheReaSolCutterPosted 3/30/2012 8:50:15 AM
I've watched a friend play a little bit of the Tales of Symphonia sequel on Wii. It looks cheesy but still like good fun.
#7ramseanPosted 3/30/2012 9:11:08 AM(edited)
TheReaSolCutter posted...
I've watched a friend play a little bit of the Tales of Symphonia sequel on Wii. It looks cheesy but still like good fun.

its not turn based. Opoona is really underated in my opinion and thats turn based. Other than that look to the VC, chrono trigger, FFIV, FFIV the after years, FFVI, breath of fire, phantasy star IV, super mario rpg. The only turn based rpgs worth playing this gen are opoona and lost odyssey. RPGs have moved away from it, just because they aren't as limited anymore.

edit:Just noticed your username, in almost every review i've read opoona gets compared to earthbound(i've never played it). You should probably check it out
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFX
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#8RyuVegasPosted 3/30/2012 9:10:32 AM
Those are all SRPGs though O_o Well, they are turn-based too so I'll give you that. :p

Heh heh heh, whoops. I actually didn't realize the Topic Title just said "turn-based RPGs" until I came back and checked. Somehow my mind turned that into "strategy RPG." But they aren't recommended much so I still say it was worth it.
---
GamesNP: MPTrilogy, SMG2, DKCR, LoZ:SS Hero Mode, Rayman Origins, 999, Advance Wars DS
FavMusic: Trance, Drum'N'Bass - Fav DJs: Gareth Emery, Pendulum
#9EndgamePosted 3/30/2012 10:09:21 AM
guys, he said GOOD turn based RPGs

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the only one listed in this topic that qualifies, and you should all feel ashamed for putting it in the same group as all that other trash
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert