This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My wii cant read ssbb or Xenoblade Chronicles. it used to read ssbb.

#1DQAbelPosted 4/6/2012 7:27:10 PM
these are the only 2 games my wii cannot read. is there a reason for this?
I got ssbb day 1 and have had no problems with it until recently.

I have zelda ss, monster hunter try, smg2, nsmb wii, dccr, no problem with those.

Just got Xenoblade Chronicles today and cant play it had to use Gfs wii.

anyone know what is going on? is there a fix or do i need a new wii. mine plays gc games and i dont want to lose that ability.

Help please
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#2SF_BahaPosted 4/6/2012 7:29:58 PM
Your Wii's lens is dirty. It can't read either game because they're dual-layered discs and therefore harder to read.

Take it as a sign. Your Wii is trying to save you from the gross disappointment that is Xenoblade.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#3yougotthetouchPosted 4/6/2012 7:39:35 PM
Just get a cleaning kit and you should be good to go, friend. Also, please ignore THIEF. Just because he's going to steal the Club Nintendo codes from used copies of the game does not mean he has played it. Even if he has/had, his opinion is worth about as much to gamers as a greasy burrito is to a man in cardiac arrest.
#4DQAbel(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2012 7:50:27 PM
Thanks for the help. I will see about getting a cleaning kit.

I have played a bit of the game on my Gfs wii and I am not disappointed in the game one bit.

not sure what you were expecting? this game has been out in EU for some time and there are lets plays, reviews, videos, and lots of talk about xenoblade, I do my homework before I shell out my hard earned cash for a game. I buy games I know I will enjoy,

If you dont enjoy it then im sorry you paid full price for it maybe dont just take peoples word. I grew up in the NES days and all you had to go by was the cover and you could have easily wasted 50$ on crap games back then (which I have).

To day there is no excuse,

Just a side not on this, Capcom will not be getting any of my money for some time between RE5 and SF4.

Thanks again.
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#5AnamawcityPosted 4/7/2012 1:19:48 AM
SF_Baha posted...
Your Wii's lens is dirty. It can't read either game because they're dual-layered discs and therefore harder to read.

Take it as a sign. Your Wii is trying to save you from the gross disappointment that is Xenoblade.

What disappointed you? It's easily one of the better games this gen.

Perhaps you went in with unrealistic expectations or just hate jrpgs?

Dat world
Dat music
Dat battle system

Decent voice acting and imo awesome lore behind the story.
---
Favorite games~ Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Super Metroid, RE4, Dead Space, Bioshock, Ico/SoTC, LoZ: ALttP, Xenoblade, Super Mario 3/World/Rpg, Lunar 1/2, Dark Souls
#6Da_IsiotPosted 4/7/2012 6:25:46 AM
When you got ssbb did you send your wii in to have the laser/lens fixed?

Not being able to read ssbb was an issue with a lot of the older wii's so nintendo offered to fix the probem for free, course they said it was just a dirty lens issue.
---
Psn gamertag - Isiot_X
#7Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/8/2012 12:13:46 PM
The problem with the "dirty lens" theory about why Xenoblade won't play on some Wii's is that when Brawl gave me Disc Read Errors, the disc still spun in the console for a few seconds before it told me the disc can't be read.

With Xenoblade Chronicles, the disc wont spin at all. My console doesn't even try. It'll play other dual-layered discs fine, just not Xenoblade Chronicles. I even used the official Wii lens cleaning kit 5 times and it's not doing ****. I even unplugged my Wii and let it sit for a few hours in case it was overheating that's causing it. Nothing helps.

I'm pretty much down to believing that a PAL region disc was placed in the NTSC box and and shipped to my local GameStop here in American, and that must be why the disc wont even spin for me. I used a can of compressed air and a cleaning kit and STILL nothing?
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#8SF_BahaPosted 4/8/2012 6:10:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Maxx_the_SlashPosted 4/8/2012 6:32:39 PM
After 6 hours and 9 lens cleanings without Xenoblade working, I could definitely use a new method of torture. Maybe driving a drill bit into my bag would be less anger-inducing. Steak knives under my toenails is a possibility too.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984
#10JKatarnPosted 4/8/2012 7:28:05 PM
SF_Baha posted...
You go through a lot of trouble to play horrible games. Have you considered more efficient means of torture?

You see that bright ball glinting through the drawn curtains of your darkened bedroom? That's the sun....I'd recommend you spend some time in its presence, that is of course if you can see it through the vermilion curtain that is your constant, unhealthy rage against the Wii/its games. But seriously, did the Wii violate your parents while you were forced to watch or something? Or perhaps this "SF_Baha" moniker is a troll character you've created out of boredom. I'll admit the Wii has many flaws, could have had better third-party support, but that ship has sailed and it's just a little bit pathetic to keep beating this particular dead horse at this point in time.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES