This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best RPG of all time?

#41_CARLOX_Posted 4/30/2012 12:26:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/CAjTD.gif

---
I will only stop drinking when I fall in love... Or fall dead.
#42iMURDAuPosted 4/30/2012 5:44:17 AM
Of course I did Baha. The game is good but I prefer the other rpgs I listed over it. I'm betting it wasn't your first rpg so you can put it first all you want. I am going to change one thing I said. I'll actually put FFIV DS above FFVIII.
---
**Knope for City Council 2012**
RON SWANSON IS MY CABLE PROVIDER
#43cavebear56Posted 4/30/2012 9:25:23 AM
Hmm.

Difficult but top contenders for me.

Chrono Trigger
Shadowrun (GEN)
Arcanum
Planescape
NWN2 MotB
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#44XImperialDragonPosted 4/30/2012 9:37:47 AM
My top choices are:

Ultima IV (this game got right what ME tried to do all along, and decades before)
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate II + Expansions
Chrono Trigger
Xenosaga Episode III
FFVII
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#45notSFFPosted 4/30/2012 10:06:08 AM
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest 9'
Skyrim
Fallout New Vegas
Tales of Vesperia
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
All SHin Megami Tensei
All Persona's
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Final Fantasy 12
Monster Hunter
Gods Eater Burst
Anything by SPiderweb Software

And probably more that escape me at the moment.
#46dan77733Posted 4/30/2012 11:55:41 AM
LimblessQuasar posted...
Hey, me either, I'm long past the point of being interested in debating this kind of thing. Anytime I take issue with a post or a poster is just to get a clarification on what they're saying, maybe try to get them to see a slightly different point of view. Thanks for keeping it civil, and I definitely understand where you're coming from. Cheers.

You're welcome. And I just wish RPG's were more like they were back then when I first played them. Thats pretty much it. To me, they're not which is why I stay away from them. LOL.
#47TalesRevenantPosted 4/30/2012 4:55:24 PM(edited)
I had to narrow the list down from 50 to 20 but all of these games are my favorite RPGs of all time. Only the first 5 are in order, everything else is not ordered, hence the asterisk. I also mention the console in which I own each of these games.

1) Final Fantasy X (PS2)
2) Dragon Quest Vlll: Journey of the Cursed King (PS2)
3) Chrono Cross (PS1)
4) Final Fantasy lX (PS1)
5) The Last Story (Wii)
*Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA)
*Final Fantasy Vlll (PS1)
*Dragon Quest V (DS)
*Final Fantasy lV (GBA/DS)
*Pokemon Yellow (GBC)
*Tales of the Abyss (PS2/3DS)
*Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
*Chrono Trigger (DS)
*Pokemon Gold/ HeartGold (GBC/DS)
*Skies of Arcadia (GCN)
*Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
*Radiant Historia (DS)
*The World Ends With You (DS)
*Xenogears (PS1)
*Megaman Battle Network 3: Blue (GBA)
#48blazeUP12Posted 4/30/2012 5:02:07 PM
EarthBound
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#49GhennkinsPosted 4/30/2012 7:23:21 PM(edited)
There is a lot of good rpgs out there as many people have listed but my favorite ever is probably Breath of Fire IV on the old Playstation. Lunar Silver Star Story an easy second.

-edit-
Oh are we only suppose to list Wii rpgs? Oopsie! There are no good ones on the Wii.
#50YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 4/30/2012 7:51:00 PM
kbe2k2 posted...
What do you dislike about the series?

Well, let's face it, 2 was a joke. If I wanted to play those games, I'll just stick to Champions.
How is it a joke, you're not really answering my question. And Champions? Are you sure you're not talking about Champions of Norrath: Realms of EverQuest?

Dude, Baldur's Gate 2 was the biggest letdown of the series. It doesn't take rocket science to figure that out. Was it the overpowering of your enemies confusing you, or the fact that the level design completely lost it's flair that you're having the most trouble coping with? Question answered in full.

I am talking about Champions. And don't sit there and tell me it was made by the same makers of Baldur's Gate. Everyone knows that they are the same kind of game. They were just ten times better. And more challenging.

Anything else?
---
A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.