This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xenoblade or Dark Cloud 1 and 2?

#21StephieGamerPosted 4/30/2012 9:37:55 PM
Sylar100 posted...
StephieGamer posted...
LimblessQuasar posted...
From my understanding, the combat in Xenoblade is like FFXII's combat, but much more fleshed-out.

Not really. No offense, but why even comment if you haven't even played the game? You're just giving erroneous advice.
Relle, in the post above me, is correct in his description of the combat. Xenoblade is an awesome game, and so is Dark Cloud 2. I prefer Xenoblade because of the style and the sheer epicness of the scale and enormous world. But Dark Cloud 2 is spectacular too, just in a different way.

He's right, Xenoblade has an MMORPG rpg type battle system, except with a few tweaks, So yeah it's pretty much FF12

Okay, I guess I took him too literally... (it's just like FFXII) when he meant it's similar but different. What I like about Xenoblade is that while the characters attack automatically, everything else is left up to the player. FFXII had this type of gameplay, but it was very complex and tedious, so most people used gambits.
#22kdognumba1Posted 4/30/2012 10:14:48 PM
get Xenoblade and Minecraft.
---
Watch me stream games live @ http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS FC - kdog254 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme XBL: kdog254
#23RellePosted 4/30/2012 10:24:50 PM

No he's right. It is reminiscent of FFXll. How is he wrong there? Maybe you're the one who hasn't played the game. It's his opinion, let him say what he thinks is right. No need to be uptight about it.

It's reminiscent of FF12 only in that your party members are AI controlled and you run around big fields with visible monsters.

It borrows the engine from FF12 and refines it.

Um...no, it doesn't. The two don't use the same combat engine. FF12 let you customize your party's AI to a fine detail. Xenoblade doesn't give you that level of control, and it's better for it since it's far more easy to use.
---
Etrian Odyssey III only has one difficulty, and that difficulty is mother****er. - PA
#24sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 11:44:57 AM
cool, decided to pick it up. Hope it's awesome. I'll grab Dark Cloud 1 and 2 later on.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#25RellePosted 5/1/2012 2:30:10 PM
It is pretty awesome if you're a fan of the old PS1 and earlier RPGs where you could explore the overworld (as opposed to many PS2 RPGs where you just selected a destination from a menu...)

I'm thinking I want to get Dark Cloud 2 myself now, given all the talk about it.
---
We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die. - Mal
#26Godstriker8Posted 5/1/2012 3:03:17 PM
Dark Cloud 2 is amazing. Just get it. DC1 is not as good, but still playable.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
El Psy Congroo
#27kobalobasileusPosted 5/1/2012 3:35:41 PM
Relle posted...
No he's right. It is reminiscent of FFXll. How is he wrong there? Maybe you're the one who hasn't played the game. It's his opinion, let him say what he thinks is right. No need to be uptight about it.
It's reminiscent of FF12 only in that your party members are AI controlled and you run around big fields with visible monsters.

It borrows the engine from FF12 and refines it.
Um...no, it doesn't. The two don't use the same combat engine. FF12 let you customize your party's AI to a fine detail. Xenoblade doesn't give you that level of control, and it's better for it since it's far more easy to use.

I was with you until you said Xenoblade is better for having no control over AI companions. That's just flat-out wrong.

In FF12, I set up a few simple gambits, and my allies usually did what I wanted, when I wanted. When they didn't, I could step in and issue a manual command if needed.

In Xenoblade, allies do whatever they feel like, frequently use poor timing for moves that add bad status if an enemy already has another bad status, frequently cast healing spells before they're needed, resulting in the spells not being cooled-down again when they actually ARE needed, frequently try to pound on Spike-aura'd enemies with physical attacks, etc.
#28RellePosted 5/1/2012 4:34:07 PM
I don't know what party you're taking, but the only bad thing mine has done is hit spiked enemies, and when you only have physical attackers, there's not much you can do about that besides reduce the damage. The healers keep me healed, the little fuzzball applies status effects liberally (they stack), and the only bad AI I've encountered is Melia with her spells (and that can be helped somewhat by customizing her available abilities).

Yes, Xenoblade is better for having good AI on party members that doesn't require minute input from the user. FF12 was nice for letting you customize your party to that degree, but being able to just fight without having to make sure people are set up to throw out the right spells or status cures makes for a much more streamlined experience.
---
Dear Diary, today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever. - Jayne
#29FeiBenaresPosted 5/1/2012 6:10:46 PM
Xenoblade
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Currently playing: Tales of Phantasia (GBA), Animal Crossing (DS)
#30NeojianXPosted 5/2/2012 11:38:26 AM
Xenoblade gets all the little things right like save anywhere, go back to places you've been with a press of a button. Better Map screen and control hud.
---
I want to fight Aliens with Rihanna.