This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinker: Will Nintendo stop making Wii games after the Wii U console comes out?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Thinker: Will Nintendo stop making Wii games after the Wii U console comes out?
4 years ago#1
80/80
I'm worried that the Wii will die after the Wii U comes out. Do you think Wii games will still come out after this year?
Posted with the new Gamefaqs message board iPhone app.
Number of times I've been called: Awesome: 1,529 Cool: 734
4 years ago#2
Terrible shovelware games will continue to grow on this system.
YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!! Crank Dat Soulja Weezy
Lemme rub that booty meat
4 years ago#3
The N64 and Gamecube just got 1st party support up to the year the successor came out. I don't think we will see much once Wii U launches.
4 years ago#4
yea first party content will stop coming out for the wii after the wiiu especially if the rumors are true about the WiiU also coming packaged with a wiimote then developers can make there games on the WiiU and still use the wiimote if they want.
Currently Playing: Tales of Graces F (PS3)
3DS FC : 4124 - 5007 - 1536
4 years ago#5
No I dont think they will. I imagine the WIIU and 3ds will take up all there development resources and Third partys already have abandoned it so Nintendo has no reason to keep it alive.
4 years ago#6
SouljaWeezy posted...
Terrible shovelware games will continue to grow on this system.

So you believe that there will be more shovelware games released on the Wii after the Wii U comes out? Interesting theory and one that I will note in my journal.
Posted with the new Gamefaqs message board iPhone app.
Number of times I've been called: Awesome: 1,529 Cool: 734
4 years ago#7
They will stop, after the new console get release, since developers will focus on making games on the new console instead of the old one(s).
In dreams we can do anything, but in life we are limited.
4 years ago#8
Most likely Nintendo will repeat the transition from Gamecube to the Wii. With that in mind I think the last Wii game published will either be Pikmin 2 or Kirby 20th Anniversary. Though that's from what we already know, Nintendo's release schedule could change after E3.
(message deleted)
4 years ago#10
Doesn't matter, I'll be too busy playing games like Onimusha Tactics on my HDTV through my Android Tablet. Then maybe some Kingdom Hearts and/or Killer Instinct. : )
I want to fight Aliens with Rihanna.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Thinker: Will Nintendo stop making Wii games after the Wii U console comes out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived