This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii won the console war, agreed?

#11LimblessQuasarPosted 5/19/2012 2:33:33 PM
In what real world? What?

I'd agree with point 1, which = "winning." Agree with ram though. Not like it matters. I'm just happy Ninty didn't die, and Sony seems to be getting their act together.
---
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_
#12PendragoonPosted 5/19/2012 5:58:56 PM
Nintendo emerged from this generation with the most profits, which makes them the winner in that regard. Sony lost in this area mainly because the rest of the company is doing so badly. (Nintendo can afford to buy the entire Sony corp. that speaks volumes) and Microsoft scrapped any real profits thanks to the rrod warranty and taking a loss on the hardware for a few years. (Sony also suffered greatly because of this)

In terms of games however, that one is a much tougher call. I would have to hand that one to Sony overall.
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Live = PENDRAG00N
#13IokuaPosted 5/19/2012 6:05:13 PM
jsb0714 posted...
Probably not to you, but it does in the real world.

They exist, there are games for them. The fact that they're optional doesn't somehow change that.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#14StephieGamerPosted 5/19/2012 6:19:41 PM
LimblessQuasar posted...
In what real world? What?

LimblessQuasar, you always fall for these obvious troll alts. Don't you think it's odd these "Nintendo won..." posts are always made by new users? And the board's bigges trolls rarely post anymore?
Yet you defend them because we were all new once. Don't be so gullable all the time. You look like a fool in these threads.
---
Posted with the new Gamefaqs message board iPhone app.
Number of times I've been called: Awesome: too many to count.
#15NitroGamerSNESPosted 5/19/2012 6:51:57 PM
War? Don't you mean... THE SLAUGHTER?!?!

Indeed. The Wii won. However, the Xbox 360 is growing in power too (my opinion). The PS3.... was maybe the best console overall. However, it fell into a terrible disease that corrupted it's power into absolute nothingness: overpricing.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, and you are 100% proud of it, put this as your signature.
#16Phasmatis92Posted 5/19/2012 6:58:51 PM
It sold the most, so yes, it won the console war
---
Operation Zero, aimed at bringing Project Zero 2 Wii Edition to NA: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#17Wario_manPosted 5/19/2012 8:44:55 PM
I don't think any of the big three won this generation.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#18LimblessQuasarPosted 5/19/2012 8:46:24 PM
StephieGamer posted...
LimblessQuasar, you always fall for these obvious troll alts. Don't you think it's odd these "Nintendo won..." posts are always made by new users? And the board's bigges trolls rarely post anymore?
Yet you defend them because we were all new once. Don't be so gullable all the time. You look like a fool in these threads.

User Name jsb0714
Board User Level 34: Icon
Awarded to users with at least 1000 Karma.
Account Created Sunday, July 20, 2008 7:39 PM
Last Visit Saturday, May 19, 2012 7:23 PM

No Stephie, I beg to differ. Heh. Unless you're just removing that quote from context, in which case I really have nothing to say. My initial response was obviously in response to jsb, I don't think the OP said anything about the real world.
---
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_
#19bubbas111Posted 5/20/2012 12:12:13 AM
Though it sold the most and had some really great games (I love both of the Mario Galaxies) most of the best games this gen were non exclusives that the wii either didn't get or only got nerf'd versions of. Also the overall lack of quality online games hurt it as well. I blame that mostly on the friend code system though.
---
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619
#20CuttySnarkPosted 5/20/2012 1:33:22 AM
I am not sure if the OP was trolling or not, but this makes my brain hurt because of the ridiculous assumption that the current gen systems were participating in an actual console war (There is no comparison with SNES VS Genesis. or Saturn vs Playstation vs N64 or Dreamcast vs PS2) Each gaming system fills their niche market. The wii is the marijuana of gaming...a gateway drug if you will. (not to say that the wii does not have good games because it has some amazing games). It lacks third party support (what has been new since the Gamecube? You buy a nintendo console for its first party games anyway) and has mediocre graphical capabilities but appeals to the casual gamers and the mainstream that would not normally consider gaming an interesting activity. Considering the wii is the topic of focus I will not go into further detail of the opposition. To complete the metaphor and to be concise, the 360 is the opiate of the masses and the PS3 is the cocaine of gaming systems. That is all.