This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

White Wii Owners... How do you keep your console/controllers from discoloring?

#1IDruggedShamuPosted 5/30/2012 12:41:30 PM
I notice the D-Pad on one of my Wiimotes is badly discolored... and I clean it all the time... I fear my other controllers and actual console will discolor over time like the Dreamcasts, NESs, and the SNESs.... Anyone know a trick or two to preserve the original condition of your ****? I would love to just buy a black one and be done with it already BUT... that means I have to get two more black Wiimotes and 2 black nunchucks...

Any suggestions?
---
PSN: IDruggedShamu How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out...
#2el_cheatoPosted 5/30/2012 1:08:01 PM
https://imgur.com/1ZCZ7
---
If ever you find yourself depressed, check to make sure you're not just surrounded by douchebags.
#3Breastmilkn_DipPosted 5/30/2012 1:46:57 PM
Any suggestions?

*shrugs*

Iunno. Stop making racist topics, I guess?
---
www.youryeastinfection.com
(Bring Your Own Yoghurt!)
#4Thanatos112220Posted 5/30/2012 1:48:57 PM
I have no idea man, I just clean them sometimes, and try not to do all the time or else it could discolor faster. You could try to put them away in places where they won't get dirty that fast, like a bag, so that you don't need to clean them that often.
---
In dreams we can do anything, but in life we are limited.
#5Tom_Green_IIPosted 5/30/2012 2:01:24 PM(edited)
What do you clean your controllers with? I've had mine since launch, haven't cleaned them once and haven't noticed any discoloration

EDIT - Also, where do you store your controllers? Try to keep them out of sunny areas in your house, the sun may do more damage to the coating than you think (this is also speculation on my part)
#6StephieGamerPosted 5/30/2012 2:17:16 PM
Discoloration is caused by many different things:
Sunlight, cigarette smoke, dirty hands, skin oils, and most commonly: chemical reactions caused by the type of plastic, as was the case with the millions of yellowed Super Nintendos.

Most of these causes are preventable. I would guess your D-pad is discoloring because your hands are either dirty, or because they're oily. Make sure you wash your hands before you play.
Always keep your Wii and remotes out of direct sunlight.
---
I recommend you ignore this obnoxious troll:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
#7IDruggedShamu(Topic Creator)Posted 5/30/2012 3:50:47 PM
It's no doubt skin oil. I clean with distilled water and very very little rubbing alcohol. I only clean when i notice they dirty. I know the wii and motes have a gloss finish, I just fear the day it starts to discolor. I'm hella OCD with my stuff, so I was just curious to see what others do with theirs.

Thanks for the serious responses.
---
PSN: IDruggedShamu How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out...
#8Thanatos112220Posted 5/30/2012 5:47:22 PM
IDruggedShamu You're welcome.
---
In dreams we can do anything, but in life we are limited.
#9Dr Edward RoivasPosted 5/30/2012 6:32:51 PM
Fantastik or Pledge

Cleaners like that will probably keep your gaming stuff from looking too bad.
---
Fear is the science that turns nightmares into fantasy. - Rethcir
#10iMURDAuPosted 5/30/2012 7:10:24 PM
Baby wipes
---
"Stupid beast! Your body can't take any more of the Monado! I can tell just by looking at you!"
-Xenoblade quote you don't wanna use in the bedroom-