This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WTF, Dokapon Kingdom..

#1YoYoLeFtToRiTePosted 8/6/2012 11:29:27 AM
Why is this game so damn hard to find and expensive now? I'm a huge fan of Atlus, but this game doesn't exactly fit the criteria of "rare and expensive", IMO. I went to look this game the other day to see which store had it closest in my area, I found nothing. I couldn't believe it.

When did this game become such a phenomenon?
#2helldewPosted 8/6/2012 11:32:44 AM
a lot of wii games are starting to become super rare in my area this one is no exception
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#3kylemcauliffe15Posted 8/6/2012 2:12:15 PM
These things loaded bargain-bins about a year ago. Must have been increased demand over knowledge of increased demand, because no one seemed to want it until now. Aren't certain situations funny? :3
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#4culture_denPosted 8/6/2012 4:01:17 PM
You kinda answered your own question when you mentioned Atlus. I don't even have to know the game or anything about it to tell you that Atlus does just a few limited prints of their games.

In the future, you really should try to keep up to date with when they release their games to buy them immediately before they go out of print.

It's not so much about a phenomenon of sorts. Anyway wish I had better news, but them's the breaks. I still wish you luck, you never know. If you'll check this forum you'll see that I was able to find Xenoblade after having abandoned efforts initially, and there's always lucky chances. Plus you live in America don't you? In the States nothing is hard to find. You've got your Amazons, best buys, targets, etc etc. Much more than I can say for my own country.

So again, good luck!
---
When life gives you melons, you make melonade.
#5ScoutisabellePosted 8/6/2012 4:32:54 PM
Have you tried Gamestop? After reading your thread, I did a store availability search on Gamestop's website and there are used copies at the two nearest stores to me for $17.99. So may be able to find a copy at a Gamestop near you.
---
Now playing: Uncharted 3, Bioshock, MLB '11 The Show
#6MasterPokerPosted 8/7/2012 10:51:00 PM
Expensive?

Yes, its a short print because that's how Atlus helps ensure a profit on their often-niche translated games. But I've seen it sit around for years at the $10-15 range, is it really that bad now?

Much as I hate to say this on the Wii board, the PS2 version is functionally identical (loss of 480p/Widescreen support is all), so you can try finding that if you have a means to play it. Dokapon Journey for DS, while not as deep (especially with a much less intelligent AI), isn't a terrible substitute.
---
Lunar2/Xuande/Gallis OTK: WC 2011 = 0561-7655-9765
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czzhAFt-Nu8 = GG
#7Lum_YatsuraPosted 8/8/2012 12:34:17 PM
Heck Europeans out there would've been glad to have Atlus. Try to find PAL Dokapon Kingdom. Not only reached a limited number of countries, but neither the PS2 version or its DS relative came out.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#8YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2012 1:35:39 PM
Yes, its a short print because that's how Atlus helps ensure a profit on their often-niche translated games. But I've seen it sit around for years at the $10-15 range, is it really that bad now?

Gamestop price is only 17.99. That's all good and gravy, except it's nowhere to be found around my area unless I want to travel a hundred damn miles. And Amazon.com doesn't have either version for less 35 bucks, and I'm not so sure the game is worth that much.
#9YoYoLeFtToRiTe(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2012 7:36:04 PM
UPDATE:

Wow, I really can't believe this. I just found this game at one of local game stores. I guess persistence is a little more worth it then I originally gave it credit for. Didn't come with a box or book and the disk isn't in good condition at all, but whatever. I made a huge exception this time around.

Thought you all might get a kick of the irony here.
#10eloratingsPosted 8/19/2012 12:55:18 AM
YoYoLeFtToRiTe posted...
Why is this game so damn hard to find and expensive now? I'm a huge fan of Atlus, but this game doesn't exactly fit the criteria of "rare and expensive", IMO. I went to look this game the other day to see which store had it closest in my area, I found nothing. I couldn't believe it.

When did this game become such a phenomenon?

Omg ! I still own this game in my collection. I remembered I purchased it for $20...