This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange problem with New Super Mario Bros.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Strange problem with New Super Mario Bros.
2 years ago#1
I'm a little worried there might be an issue with my console. I was playing the game earlier, and for some strange reason I was getting drops in the framerate. The game, every other time I have played it, has been silky smooth, with no problems at all.

But today, I popped the game in, started to play and it was choppy and sluggish. I played a later level, and it felt like I was playing in slow motion. I have yet to try another game, but I will when I get the chance. I could swear the menu was also sluggish.

Has anyone else ever encountered a problem like this? Is it the disc? The console? Or am I alone with no known solution?
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
2 years ago#2
It was probably your WIi thinking

When I play Fatal Frame 4, and press Home, it gets super laggy
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
2 years ago#3
You went in with too high of expectations if this surprised you. You bought a Nintendo product..................... your russian roulette match with a bullet in every chamber buddy
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
2 years ago#4
MewtwoEx posted...
It was probably your WIi thinking

When I play Fatal Frame 4, and press Home, it gets super laggy

Possibly, but the issue has never occurred before, I never pressed the home button and I tried numerous levels and it kept getting worse.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
2 years ago#5
Bump.
---
2 years ago#6
Try another game, try another session of NSMBW for that matter. But based on the first experience, I would guess it's the Wii's issue and not the game.
2 years ago#7
TheReaSolCutter posted...
Try another game, try another session of NSMBW for that matter. But based on the first experience, I would guess it's the Wii's issue and not the game.

I'm thinking that as well. I'll try another game later when I get the chance.
---
2 years ago#8
Maybe your Wii's overheating? Try cleaning out your fan.
---
Poster below me is a privick
2 years ago#9
It actually sounds like the laser might be going out. A dying laser will have trouble, especially with dual layer discs.

If you start to get read errors, you'll know.
2 years ago#10
SF_Baha posted...
You went in with too high of expectations if this surprised you. You bought a Nintendo product..................... your russian roulette match with a bullet in every chamber buddy

Um...what? Since when did nintendo make shoddy products?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Strange problem with New Super Mario Bros.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived