This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Strange problem with New Super Mario Bros.

#1dark trunksPosted 1/24/2013 6:14:30 PM
I'm a little worried there might be an issue with my console. I was playing the game earlier, and for some strange reason I was getting drops in the framerate. The game, every other time I have played it, has been silky smooth, with no problems at all.

But today, I popped the game in, started to play and it was choppy and sluggish. I played a later level, and it felt like I was playing in slow motion. I have yet to try another game, but I will when I get the chance. I could swear the menu was also sluggish.

Has anyone else ever encountered a problem like this? Is it the disc? The console? Or am I alone with no known solution?
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#2MewtwoExPosted 1/24/2013 6:56:39 PM
It was probably your WIi thinking

When I play Fatal Frame 4, and press Home, it gets super laggy
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#3SF_BahaPosted 1/24/2013 8:06:08 PM
You went in with too high of expectations if this surprised you. You bought a Nintendo product..................... your russian roulette match with a bullet in every chamber buddy
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#4dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:37:11 PM
MewtwoEx posted...
It was probably your WIi thinking

When I play Fatal Frame 4, and press Home, it gets super laggy

Possibly, but the issue has never occurred before, I never pressed the home button and I tried numerous levels and it kept getting worse.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#5dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:10:15 PM
Bump.
---
#6TheReaSolCutterPosted 1/27/2013 10:43:19 AM
Try another game, try another session of NSMBW for that matter. But based on the first experience, I would guess it's the Wii's issue and not the game.
#7dark trunks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 11:20:27 AM
TheReaSolCutter posted...
Try another game, try another session of NSMBW for that matter. But based on the first experience, I would guess it's the Wii's issue and not the game.

I'm thinking that as well. I'll try another game later when I get the chance.
---
#8ggf162Posted 1/28/2013 12:28:59 PM
Maybe your Wii's overheating? Try cleaning out your fan.
---
Poster below me is a privick
#9IHeartMetroidPosted 1/29/2013 2:57:49 AM
It actually sounds like the laser might be going out. A dying laser will have trouble, especially with dual layer discs.

If you start to get read errors, you'll know.
#10mdfmkrules9999Posted 1/29/2013 3:25:29 AM
SF_Baha posted...
You went in with too high of expectations if this surprised you. You bought a Nintendo product..................... your russian roulette match with a bullet in every chamber buddy

Um...what? Since when did nintendo make shoddy products?