This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there any good co-op games I can play with my sister on the Wii?

#1Jesse7777Posted 1/28/2013 2:07:03 PM
I enjoy playing with my sister on the Wii, and I am looking for co-op games to play with her.

She enjoyed Resident Evil (the rail shooter), House of the Dead over kill, however she did not enjoy Mario brothers (the platformer).

Are there any games I could pick up that would fit what I'm looking for? I mostly just want to spend time with her and this is one medium she enjoys.
#2TheReaSolCutterPosted 1/28/2013 2:19:52 PM
I'm not sure if you mean Mario as in New Super Mario Bros Wii or Mario Galaxy. Either way, I think Kirby's Epic Yarn or Kirby Return to Dreamland are both worth it (more the former since there are the transformations that give player a different role).

Another great local co-op game is Trauma Center New Blood or Trauma Team (Trauma Team is only about 70% local co-op, though).
#3GuestonPosted 1/28/2013 2:55:08 PM
Another vote for Trauma Center: New Blood.

If you are after more rail shooters, the Wii has quite a few which you can look into (all of them support at least 2 players, Ghost Squad supports up to 4):

- Ghost Squad
- Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns
- House of the Dead: Returns
- Transformers: Cybertron Adventures
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (has a strong emphasis on co-op play)

Most people would probably advise against the last two, so it may depend on how much you enjoy rail shooters. I personally think Ghost Recon is an average game, but a good co-op game, for example.

There are two Resident Evil rail shooters on the Wii: Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles. You could check out the other one, if you have not already done so.
---
The Last Story: ROOK7 (PAL). Ghoston / GE FC: 4964-1791-6409.
http://www.youtube.com/user/guestface
#4PedroMontanaPosted 1/28/2013 3:18:20 PM
Metal Slug Anthology should be a good choice.
The games are more about shooting then platforming.
---
No More Heroes
#5FeiBenaresPosted 1/28/2013 6:27:19 PM
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2
Naruto Shippuuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
Ghostbusters
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#6SF_BahaPosted 1/29/2013 12:39:08 AM
Counter Force has an excellent co-op mode. Playing solo, the game feels like it's missing something. Playing co-op feels like the complete experience, the game was truly built around it and its many strengths only get a chance to shine when playing with another person.
---
"USDA Select meat tastes better than USDA Prime." - The Wii gaming mentality.
#7GaroMaster001Posted 1/29/2013 4:39:06 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl has a co-op portion. I enjoyed playing that with my sister as well.
---
Member since 2002.
c:x:x:x:x{{:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
#8Skygor_IIPosted 1/29/2013 8:59:28 PM(edited)
* Note that Kirby's Epic Yarn, Back to Dreamland, Dreamland Collection and Rayman: Origins do not have the "chaotic" platforming of NSMB. You cannot screen death your partner, pick them up, interfere with jumping, etc.

Elebits
Ghostbusters - highly recommended based off of HotD
FFCC: Crystal Bearers - it's girlfriend mode but your only moves are telekiness so it's not a loss.
Spectrobes: Origins
Spyborgs - only if you/she would like 8/16 beat em ups
Zak & Wiki - if you think you can do coop puzzles

WW
Bubble Bobble Plus!
Pokemon Rumble

VC
Secret of Mana
Any classic beat-em-up: Final Fight, River City Ransom, Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, Golden Axe, etc.
---
backloggery.com/skygor
#9perfectlydark1Posted 1/30/2013 2:48:42 AM
Zelda four swords adventures for the cube if you can play cube games on your Wii. You'll need a GBA and cables each, but its my favourite co op game. Competetive co op ;)
---
Brawl: 5198 7287 4837
GoldenEye: 2606 8075 1968
#10Jesse7777(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:32:38 AM
Would any of you recommend Monster Hunter Tri for co-op?