This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good "jump in and play for an hour" type games?

#11GuestonPosted 2/11/2013 6:20:36 AM
HerPanda posted...
I haven't played the others, but from looking it up, Sky Crawlers is an airplane shooting game. From what I've read about it, it's a pre-quel to an anime of the same name. I also read that the controls take some getting used to, but there are lots of control options (both motion and traditional). I haven't played it yet, so that's all I can offer on that.

Sky Crawlers is basically as described here. You do not need any knowledge of the animated film to play the game. It's developed by the same people behind the Ace Combat series (a series I have not played), so it's not shovelware or anything like that. Think of it as an Ace Combat Lite/arcade flight sim game populated with anime characters.

The controls are pretty good, but the learning curve is steep. I play a lot of motion control/IR pointer games/rail shooters, etc, and I tried to return to it fairly recently. The controls are not easy to pick up and would require some practice with them. If you are new to the game, I would not skip the tutorial either.
---
The Last Story: ROOK7 (PAL). Ghoston / GE FC: 4964-1791-6409.
http://www.youtube.com/user/guestface
#12sketchturnerPosted 2/11/2013 9:07:48 AM
Excitebots: Trick Racing
Punch Out!!
Rayman Origins <<This is a long game but it can be easily played in short spurts
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Skate It
---
Now Playing:Bio-Miracle, Blackthorne, Blast Corps, Body Harvest, Diddy Kong Racing, Goldeneye
#13Vysion_of_booksPosted 2/11/2013 9:34:19 AM
-Boom Blox (and the sequel Boom Blox Bash Party) are fun throw balls at stacks of blocks to knock them down.
-Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort offer a variety of quick sports games.
-The music games (Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Just Dance) all offer quick session play on a song or more.
---
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i
#14leeko_linkPosted 2/13/2013 1:41:50 AM
Pretty much every fighting game is in that category as well as Super Smash Bros. Brawl. If you just want action games, GoldenEye 007, No More Heroes, and Madworld are good candidate.