This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it safe to buy Wii games on Ebay?

#1TGAkumaPosted 3/2/2013 6:57:43 AM
Or are there alot of bootlegged wii games out there like GBA and DS?
#2Lum_YatsuraPosted 3/2/2013 7:00:16 AM
You'd need a hacked wii to play bootlegs. Which isn't difficult, at least on older models.
---
What's the buzz? A high voltage positive ion attack!? Chaaa!
#3sketchturnerPosted 3/2/2013 7:02:16 AM
I have bought nearly all my games off of Ebay. If you are careful about it, you have nothing to worry about. I have gotten a few pirated GBA games but I always have gotten those refunded. I have never received a pirated Wii game, however.

The biggest thing I would advise is not to buy anything from Asia.
---
Now Playing:Bio-Miracle, Body Harvest, Contra Rebirth, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye, Robotron 64
#4Justice98405Posted 3/2/2013 7:48:52 AM
As always with eBay you just have to be careful and cautious. Look at the seller's ratings, ask questions if possible and if there's time, make sure you have that Buyer's Protection or whatever it is that eBay offers, etc.

I've bought used Wii and DS games off eBay and never had a problem, and Gamecube games too.

But again, you have to be careful, read the descriptions, look at the pics, don't just jump in on anything you see.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#5leeko_linkPosted 3/2/2013 11:51:09 AM(edited)
It's safe but stay clear of sellers that used photoshop picture for their items or sell items for cheaper then they actually worth. Also ask question and take their rating seriously. You don't want to get scam, I actually shop eBay for several years now and 3 out of 10 I usually got an item to which I wasn't expect. I once purchased a PS2 version of Soul Calibur II only to instead received the Xbox version inside a PS2 cover, the same happen with Dreamcast games, bought a Shenmue game, got a burn CD instead but inside the actual cover. Also be cautious when buying DS and GBA games on eBay, 80% of sellers that sell them only sold fake carts.
#6AlphrinPosted 3/4/2013 12:37:28 PM
I've never had a problem with non-handheld games on ebay. As long as you avoid sellers from China, you should be fine.
---
I've decided not to have a signature.
#7TheReaSolCutterPosted 3/4/2013 3:19:11 PM
I have bought a couple forged games by accident on eBay. Both were import DS games that has stock photos instead of real photos.

But of the many GameCube and Wii games I've bought on eBay, I have yet to get a fake and always buy auctions that have (alleged, anyway) ACTUAL photos, not stock photos.
#8Renzokuken405Posted 3/4/2013 4:04:28 PM
The only place i buy games online is estarland. I used to buy from ebay but got a fake ds game so i am a little uneasy about buying from ebay.
---
Like a wolf, stalking its prey.
#9FeiBenaresPosted 3/4/2013 6:33:43 PM
You should check sellers' feedbacks and pictures.
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#10CheckedItPosted 3/5/2013 6:45:55 PM
Worst scenario is you get a game from a different region, just read the listing.

I've bought hundreds of games from ebay over the years and the only fakes I have ever gotten were cartridges that were refunded inmstantly.