This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it safe to buy Wii games on Ebay?

#11ZendaikPosted 3/6/2013 6:02:58 PM
Look at the seller's feedback rating and look at the photo. You shouldn't have an issue if you do. eBay always sides with the buyer anyway,
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#12TGAkuma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 5:10:32 AM
Ok well I was just wondering if there was such a thing as a bootleg Wii game. From what I read is that they wouldnt work on a an unmodded Wii. The game I thought was a bootleg played on my Wii.
#13CheckedItPosted 3/15/2013 11:08:12 PM
What game is it and why did you think it might be a pirated copy?
#14TGAkuma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 1:51:38 AM
Tales of Symphonia dawn of the new world. My brothers copy that he bought on release date had a blue disc. Like this one.

http://www.covergalaxy.com/forum/attachments/nintendo-wii/5860d1227725123-tales-symphonia-dawn-new-world-ntsc-us-cover-disc-wii_tales_of_symphonia_dawn_of_the_new_world_ntsc-cd.jpg

The copy I got had a completely different disc art. Heres mine.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v316/TGAkuma/IMG_4865.jpg?t=1363427172
#15TheReaSolCutterPosted 3/16/2013 6:47:28 PM
The Wii Tales of Symphonia disc was blue in the first printing and multicolored in the last printing. That's not a fake, it's just a different revision.
#16TGAkuma(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 7:07:32 AM
Yeah I remember asking Namco support about that and they said the same thing but at first they didnt know anything about it. They had to look into it to find out it was a second printing. I wasnt sure if they were just saying that to satisfy me and stop bugging them or not.

It just seems weird to make completely different disc art. I dont know any games that do that especially not a Tales game where it might not sell as well as they expect.
#17CheckedItPosted 3/19/2013 11:33:45 PM
TheReaSolCutter posted...
The Wii Tales of Symphonia disc was blue in the first printing and multicolored in the last printing. That's not a fake, it's just a different revision.

Yeah, they switched the disk manufacturing process a few years ago and can now have the nicer art.