This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just recieved almost $50 in credit @ gamestop for Wii games

#1AnthonyanaPosted 3/3/2013 3:24:55 PM
My kids have so many old Wii games. I decided to go down to gamesotp and trade them in. We got almost $250 for them.. Now i am stuck deciding do i buy a Wii U zombi u edition bundle or do i get a ps3 white classic. I do have 2 ps3 in the house but they are my childrens.. Also i did even look at the ps vita. I do have a 3ds xl already . I hate feeling like
#2waluigifan1Posted 3/4/2013 7:40:06 AM
If you like god of war at all there's a new bundle coming for $50 more that includes a 500gb Red PS3 and all 6 God of War Titles.
---
Now Playing: Nintendoland, Zelda Twilight Princess, God of War 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles.
#3IvoryKeys88Posted 3/4/2013 7:49:03 AM
I'm thinking of trading in my Wii system with Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime 3. How much you think I can get?
---
http://i.imgur.com/zNC0tl.jpg
"Don't put your foot on the gas until you're sure you never have to take it off." -Sir Jackie Stewart, F1
#4TheReaSolCutterPosted 3/4/2013 3:02:30 PM
$250 in credit for old Wii games? That's a lot of Wii games (granted, I did see GS was doing a %50 bonus, but that still is about $160 in Wii trade in...)

So you're considering getting a 3rd PS3? ... wouldn't... just saving the cash for a PS4 make more sense?! Or is this just a thread for bragging?
#5Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 3/4/2013 3:35:34 PM
TheReaSolCutter posted...
$250 in credit for old Wii games? That's a lot of Wii games (granted, I did see GS was doing a %50 bonus, but that still is about $160 in Wii trade in...)

So you're considering getting a 3rd PS3? ... wouldn't... just saving the cash for a PS4 make more sense?! Or is this just a thread for bragging?

So you think he's bragging about trading in so many games for a lousy 250 credit? He must of traded in alot of good first party nintendo games to have gotton that much he got ripped of. Good braging topic.
/Fail Post.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#6TheReaSolCutterPosted 3/4/2013 5:13:54 PM(edited)
Actually it's a clever brag if the point is to enrage Wii fans that might be hanging out on a Wii message board in the final months of the system's life.
#7CannskePosted 3/4/2013 9:03:04 PM
Ah, yes, the classic blogFAQs post where TC gets ripped off. This is sure to enrage other people. Don't be so meeeean
---
This is war, survival is your own responsibility
#8theJudeAbidesPosted 3/7/2013 7:03:42 PM
Meh, I don't really feel sorry for people's Gamestop idiocy anymore. That place's horribleness is WELL documented all over the internet. If they took the time to do even the tiniest amount of research, they would know how crappy their practices are. How Gamestop even manages to continue as a business eludes me. If I want to buy games new, I'll go to Target, Best Buy, or Amazon, and if I want used, I'll go to Amazon, Craigslist, or Ebay.

There's so many better ways to buy games than at Gamestop, I have no idea why people continue to shop there.
---
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
#9ChipChippersonPosted 3/8/2013 12:23:29 AM(edited)
Personally I think buying something you already have 2 of is foolish, especially considering how much consoles cost. I'd go for something I don't have yet.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#10RJP_XPosted 3/8/2013 7:27:35 PM
theJudeAbides posted...
Meh, I don't really feel sorry for people's Gamestop idiocy anymore. That place's horribleness is WELL documented all over the internet. If they took the time to do even the tiniest amount of research, they would know how crappy their practices are. How Gamestop even manages to continue as a business eludes me. If I want to buy games new, I'll go to Target, Best Buy, or Amazon, and if I want used, I'll go to Amazon, Craigslist, or Ebay.

There's so many better ways to buy games than at Gamestop, I have no idea why people continue to shop there.

250 of them are closing this year I heard, and if used games wont work on certain new systems, they will plummet further. I have a feeling their used market is going downward as it is. Seems like they are scared to do the buy 2 used get 1 used, and it seems like they have constant promotions of paying more % for your used games as well.
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano