This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Wiimote-only 2 player games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Best Wiimote-only 2 player games
3 years ago#1
My GF and I recently picked up Lego DC Superheroes 2 and were disappointed to find you both need a nunchak to play co-op. Are there any good games that allow you to play 2 player with just two Wiimotes? I'll be getting another nunchak in a few weeks from a friend but wouldn't mind picking up another game in the meantime if I can find one.

I should point out we have Mario Kart and NSMB Wii but they're not really what we're looking for. I'd kind of like a co-op adventure game or RPG.

Pokemon White 2 FC : 2624 0583 6539
3 years ago#2
King of the Zelda Wii U Board
Mog can go **** himself - Members of the ZWU Board
3 years ago#3
Boom Blox Bash Party is awesome.
And lots of platformers like New Super Mario Bros. have multiplayer and use the Wiimote turned sideways to play.
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
3 years ago#4
Possibly Samba de Amigo...?
3 years ago#5
I can't think of anything for RPG/adventure, sorry.

I know Ivy the Kiwi? supports multiplayer and has co-op even though it doesn't mention it in the menus. In the main game mode, player 1 will be the only player with the ability to stretch vines, but otherwise it works fairly well.
The Last Story: ROOK7 (PAL).
3 years ago#6
Kirby Epic yarn, Pokémon Rumble and DKC Returns. I've played the first 2 with my GF. Not sure about DK, but a friend told me you can.

If you get nunchuks try Tales of Symphonia DotNW, Dokapon Kingdom and Spectrobes. All of them are Coop RPGs.
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
3 years ago#7
The House of the Dead series
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy -, Fanboy Wars-
3 years ago#8
Sin and Punmishment Star Successor. Player one needs a nunchuk, but player two only needs a Wiimote. It can also be played with the GameCube controller.
"After this generation, Sony and Microsoft will have so much money they won't want to make any more consoles"-Michael Pachter
3 years ago#9
Metal Slug Anthology
No More Heroes
3 years ago#10
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Mario Sports Mix

Rayman Origins (It does support Wiimote-only control scheme, but it feels quite uncomfy without a current-generation controller.)

Kirby's Epic Yarn (It's a great game, but it doesn't beat Return to Dream Land. The controls are fine, otherwise.)
Awaiting for Paper Mario, Final Fantasy (Classic style), Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and Mario Sports Mix successor on Wii U...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Wii
  3. Best Wiimote-only 2 player games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived