This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Various Wii Network channels and services soon to be discontinued.

#1ItsKaljinyuTimePosted 6/4/2013 7:50:27 PM
If you keep your Wii plugged in and in standby mode, you probably saw the message today. On June 27th, 2013, these channels will no longer be accessible.

Forecast Channel
News Channel
Everybody Votes Channel
Nintendo Channel
Check Mii Out Channel

Also discontinued will be data exchange between Wii Friends through WiiConnect24.

This had to happen eventually. :(
---
Kaljinyu
#2StephieGamerPosted 6/4/2013 8:57:58 PM
Here's a really long thread about it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-nintendo-wii/65940328
It was more than a month ago, so it's good you made a new thread to remind people.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#3ItsKaljinyuTime(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2013 6:42:50 PM
Well I'm glad to remind people, but in all honesty if I'd known there was a thread already I probably wouldn't have made this one.

I searched "discontinu-" to see if a thread was already made, I guess I should've searched "service" or something.
---
Kaljinyu
#4PaperLink64Posted 6/5/2013 8:45:03 PM
Guess that means gifting Virtual Console and WiiWare will no longer be possible either.
---
~The Sage of Wind~
YKDDP ~ The Sacred Realm
#5StephieGamerPosted 6/6/2013 9:31:40 PM
PaperLink64 posted...
Guess that means gifting Virtual Console and WiiWare will no longer be possible either.

No, the VC and WiiWare will still work. The shutdown this month is just for a few channels.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#6PaperLink64Posted 6/8/2013 9:35:18 AM
I know the Wii Shop will still be up, but giving gifts of VC/WW games is done over WiiConnect24 I believe.
---
~The Sage of Wind~
YKDDP ~ The Sacred Realm
#7TheRedneck14Posted 6/14/2013 4:34:36 PM
I wish that they would at least keep the thing that shows your gameplay records up
---
Supreme Overlord of the Generation 90's board http://i.imgur.com/WELMvY7.png
Please call me Joe, I dislike my username on here.
#8ItsKaljinyuTime(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 6:58:21 AM
Only a week left folks...
---
Kaljinyu
#9FuzzyJelloPosted 6/20/2013 8:43:11 AM
I need to grab some more Miis and log on to the Nintendo Channel one more time; I'm sure my total play time is appalling.
#10EstilPosted 6/21/2013 7:44:45 AM
I hope Nintendo at least will let us delete the soon-to-be retired channels from our systems so it doesn't waste Wii blocks/memory.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller