This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there no way to delete the Weather & News channel manually?

#1Linkz1Posted 6/26/2013 7:19:02 PM
They will be useless by tomorrow. I'm turning off the Wii24Connect tomorrow. The light indicator won't be orange anymore, instead it will be red just like the Wii U.

My favorite thing was watching videos in the Nintendo Channel that lasted up to 1 hour or more.
#2SuperChuuniBrosPosted 6/26/2013 8:56:39 PM
I listened to the weather channel's bgm for around 7 mins.
---
Heavens to Murgatroyd! Xbox One is terrible, anti-consumer even.....Still hate Chuunibyou and moe without ecchi.
#3FuzzyJelloPosted 6/26/2013 9:08:11 PM
They are in a different part of the memory, so deleting them doesn't have practical benefit.

Really, I enjoyed all the channels, actually sent a thank you note as a question submission to Everyone Votes last week (Sappy, but worth it), and I would have used Weather and News more had leaving the standby connection on not heated up the console so much. Their presentation was pretty nice- the North Pole and Antarctic temperatures on the Weather Channel was a funny bonus.
#4Mario maniacPosted 6/27/2013 3:20:45 AM
FuzzyJello posted...
They are in a different part of the memory, so deleting them doesn't have practical benefit.

Really, I enjoyed all the channels, actually sent a thank you note as a question submission to Everyone Votes last week (Sappy, but worth it), and I would have used Weather and News more had leaving the standby connection on not heated up the console so much. Their presentation was pretty nice- the North Pole and Antarctic temperatures on the Weather Channel was a funny bonus.

Heh, I actually did the same thing with sending a note through the voting channel. It's a bit of a shame to see it all go.

TC, you can delete the channels from what I recall reading but you'll have to Google it. I'm thinking I'll keep the channels there anyhoo for the menu music.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
PSN: Zath84 XBL: Wario waniac Wii U: Mario_maniac
#5Wario_manPosted 6/27/2013 5:50:06 AM
I don't think I ever used any of the channels on the Wii..not even the virtual console one.
---
PH1R57 1'lL G37 73H 7R345Ur3, 4nD 7h3N 1'lL G37 JoO.
#6Gaming KingPosted 6/27/2013 10:58:48 PM
What presentation?

Also, the only things that don't work anymore so far are Nintendo Channel, Forecast Channel, and Check Mii Out Channel. Of course, Everybody Votes Channel is now just your records, but hey, at least it works. News Channel works, but no longer updates. You can still see all the old news of today, though.

So don't take your Wiis off WiiConnect24 just yet. Hell, if we're really lucky, maybe we will even get to permanently keep messaging and/or Mii Parade. I'm on Mario Kart Wii picking up tons of Miis in case that doesn't happen, though. Look for me on Worldwide if you like!
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
Finally back to LV 34 after like over two years. BS moderations suck.