This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do The Following Games Require The Wii Mote?

#1este914Posted 8/1/2013 9:17:22 AM
I guess I mean in order to play them 'properly' ... If some do I know some functionality will be cut out and maybe even make the game unplayable but can they be played with a classic controller only?

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Paper Mario
Kirby's Dream Collection
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario All-Stars: 25th Anniversary Edition

Thanks, any additional info would be helpful. :)
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#2FuzzyJelloPosted 8/1/2013 3:15:53 PM
Pretty sure everything but Kirby and the Mario Collection need Wii Remote and nunchuck, and I can confirm that Prime Trilogy does.
#3TheReaSolCutterPosted 8/1/2013 5:25:36 PM
Classic controller requires a Wiimote. Are you asking because motion controls annoy you or because you don't have a functioning Wiimote or you have a condition that makes using the Wiimote difficult?
#4este914(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 5:39:06 AM
TheReaSolCutter posted...
Classic controller requires a Wiimote. Are you asking because motion controls annoy you or because you don't have a functioning Wiimote or you have a condition that makes using the Wiimote difficult?

Sorry, specifically I mean requiring to use the motion controls (with the sensor) for the game. I know the Wiimote must sit (in your lap at least connected to the controller) but really was concerned about whether or not I needed to use the motion controls for those games.
---
The One & Only!
#5este914(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2013 7:56:44 AM
Anyone else
---
The One & Only!
#6TheReaSolCutterPosted 8/7/2013 10:20:31 AM
I'll rephrase my answer. I haven't played the Marvel game but I've played all the rest. Metroid Prime Trilogy is pointer based. I don't remember any "waggle", but you will be constantly moving the Wiimote around to point on the screen. DKCR takes a little waggle to roll, although that move can be used infrequently. Kirby Dream collection I believe can use a GC or Pro controller for the older games, although a Wiimote might be required for the challenge stages based on Kirby RtDL. Super Paper Mario... been a while since I played that. I feel like there might have been a mode where you have to point around on the screen. Not sure about that. Check google for 'Wii Classic Controller Wikipedia' to see the Wikipedia list of CC compatible games, and check the back of boxes for the icon of the CC. And I have yet to come across a game that actually removes a function if you're using the CC. I think the functions are just remapped to buttons.
#7GradyHooverPosted 8/7/2013 11:02:14 AM
Donkey Kong Country Returns Yes, though there's a hack that makes it work with CC
Super Paper Mario Yes, mandatory for pointing at the screen to search with Tipi
Kirby's Dream Collection No, CC or GC controller are ok
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Yes, mandatory for a wide variety of motion attacks
Metroid Prime Trilogy Yes, mandatory for aiming with Wii Remote
Super Mario All-Stars: 25th Anniversary Edition No, CC or GC controller are ok
---
backlogger.tumblr.com - The Backlogger, where I wade through an ever-expanding backlog of video games
#8este914(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 8:39:45 AM
Thanks guys. :)
---
The One & Only!
#9este914(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2013 7:04:22 AM
GradyHoover posted...
Donkey Kong Country Returns Yes, though there's a hack that makes it work with CC

Could you elaborate on this please; I would be playing this on a launch day Wii console. I would most definitely be trying to use the CC.
When you say 'hack' are you meaning for an emulated version or something? Because I'd be playing with the CC on the console.
---
The One & Only!
#10este914(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 12:35:43 PM
Bump for GradyHoover to check this again ;)
---
The One & Only!