This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games I should buy?

#1snake_5036Posted 8/16/2013 11:58:59 AM
Recently got a Wii U, and never got the chance to pick up the original Wii, so I was wondering what games I should get that I ended up missing out on. I've already decided to get the following:

Brawl
Skyward Sword
Prime Trilogy
Galaxy 1 and 2

What are some others that I should look into? I'm probably not going to get Mario Kart since 8 is going to be released next year.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:60...500th posts: 5
#2zzeennoollooPosted 8/16/2013 12:27:30 PM(edited)
Games that I thought were AWESOME (in random order):

1) Zelda: Twilight Princess (it has a MUCH darker story and darker game atmosphere than Skyward Sword. NOTE: I recommend getting BOTH Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess. Both are different enough games and BOTH are very good).

2) Pandora's Tower

3) The Last Story

4) Mad World

5) Red Steel 2

6) No More Heroes

7) No More Heroes 2

8) House of the Dead: OVERKILL (make sure to pick up a cheap gun case for your controller for this game. Something like the "Zapper" or the "Perfect Shot" gun that you can put your Wii remote in will do. Also, I think "House of the Dead: OVERKILL" broke the official record when it comes to the amount of "F" bombs used in a video game, so if you are sensitive to harsh language, be aware of that).

9) Xenoblade Chronicles (if you don't mind the expensive price, it's a great game)

10) Punch Out

There are MANY more, but I will just list ten for now.
---
"A man comes to my store and commits and confesses a crime. Do the authorities arrest him? No, they close down my store and let him go free. Madness"
#3Numbuh100Posted 8/16/2013 1:45:47 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles if you like big games with a lot to do. $90 at Gamestop and it's the lowest price you can get to because of supply and demand and Nintendo limiting their prints.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Monolith Soft's X, Smash Bros. 4, Mario Kart 8, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2
#4Oliver_OliverPosted 8/16/2013 2:11:48 PM(edited)
Numbuh100 posted...
Xenoblade Chronicles if you like big games with a lot to do. $90 at Gamestop and it's the lowest price you can get to because of supply and demand and Nintendo limiting their prints.

If you look around on Ebay and Amazon, some sellers are selling it also for $90 (I caught one selling it for $85 with free shipping). Do NOT buy from Gamestop. If you read the Gamestop / Xenoblade topic on this board, you know the evil crap that Gamestop is doing.

If people support what Gamestop is doing with Xenoblade, then Gamestop is going to get even worse. If Gamestop continues with their crap, this is going to cause ALL the publishers to look at DRM (I'm sure Nintendo is now considering it after what Gamestop is currently doing with Xenoblade) and it's giving DRM supporters like EA even more fuel for their arguement that ALL consoles should have DRM in place (similar to what Microsoft was going to do with Xbox One before they changed their minds).

If you read the Xenoblade topic, you'll see the specifics of the evil crap Gamestop is pulling.
So just buy from a good seller on amazon or ebay and AVOID Gamestop.

As for game recommendations:

I HIGHLY recommend Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure (great game)
Pandoras Tower is amazing.
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins is a fun stealth game.
Wii Sports Resort is fun.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is a great game.

---
My name is Oliver_Oliver and.... the countdown has started.
#5snake_5036(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 4:20:13 PM
Alright, thanks guys! I'll look at all those games and avoid GameStop.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:60...500th posts: 5
#6darkness1018Posted 8/16/2013 7:27:15 PM
Oliver_Oliver posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

If you look around on Ebay and Amazon, some sellers are selling it also for $90 (I caught one selling it for $85 with free shipping). Do NOT buy from Gamestop. If you read the Gamestop / Xenoblade topic on this board, you know the evil crap that Gamestop is doing.

If people support what Gamestop is doing with Xenoblade, then Gamestop is going to get even worse. If Gamestop continues with their crap, this is going to cause ALL the publishers to look at DRM (I'm sure Nintendo is now considering it after what Gamestop is currently doing with Xenoblade) and it's giving DRM supporters like EA even more fuel for their arguement that ALL consoles should have DRM in place (similar to what Microsoft was going to do with Xbox One before they changed their minds).

If you read the Xenoblade topic, you'll see the specifics of the evil crap Gamestop is pulling.
So just buy from a good seller on amazon or ebay and AVOID Gamestop.

As for game recommendations:

I HIGHLY recommend Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros Treasure (great game)
Pandoras Tower is amazing.
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins is a fun stealth game.
Wii Sports Resort is fun.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is a great game.

The only reason those sellers have it for $85 or $90 IS because of GS selling it for $90. The minute GS runs out, all those scalpers will raise their prices like before. I got mine at GS earlier this week and it was good as new. Reprint or not doesnt matter to me as long as i get it. And with PUR its $81, trade it games like i did & ittl be lower then that.

As for games, id look into these:

Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Pandora's Story
No More Heroes 1,2
MadWorld
Endless Ocean 1,2
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Super Paper Mario
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword
Metroid Prime Trilogy
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC: 2277-6638-2466
Systems I own: PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, Wii U
#7GrizzmeisterPosted 8/16/2013 7:29:26 PM
snake_5036 posted...
What are some others that I should look into? I'm probably not going to get Mario Kart since 8 is going to be released next year.

My Walmart sells Mario Kart Wii for just $39.99 new which is just too good of a deal to pass up for such an incredible game.
---
"Deeds, not words"
#8jayou321Posted 8/17/2013 9:48:47 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best games on the Wii. If you have the powerup rewards card it costs $81. You can use the following birthday code to drop the price to $68: EBC3041012. If you can find a Gamestop that has a copy, there's no beating that price... I wouldn't pass on the chance to own it if I were you.

Anyway, here are some other great games:

Okami
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Endless Ocean 2: Blue World
Zack and Wiki
A Boy and his Blob
Rayman Origins
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
House of the Dead: Overkill
Dead Space: Extraction
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
The Last Story
Red Steel 2 (if you have a wiimote with motion plus)
Scarface: The World is Yours
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Rune Factory: Frontier and RF: Tides of Destiny
#9GameKing59Posted 8/18/2013 6:49:20 PM
I could tell you certain must-have games for the Wii, but most of them have been mentioned on this board already. Still, I have a few games to add to this list.

1.Kirby's Epic Yarn.

2.The Kore Gang.

3.Disney Epic Mickey.

4.The Godfather: Blackhand Edition.

5.Elebits.

6.Lost In Shadow.

7.Cursed Mountain.

8.Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

9.Warioware: Smooth Moves.

10.Wario Land: Shake It.

11.De Blob 1 & 2.

12.Overlord: Dark Legends.