This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Survival Horror games for Wii

#1Jami393Posted 1/10/2014 4:11:55 AM
Does anyone know any Survival Horror games for the Wii? The only ones I know of are the Resident Evil Archive ports of RE Zero and REmake, and Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition.
#2Justice98405Posted 1/10/2014 6:37:37 AM
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Originally a PS2 game, never played that version, and aside from some lame elements of the Wiimote/Nunchuck controls, it's pretty good.

Cursed Mountain, which I actually have, but have only started. So cannot say yet if it's good or not.

Didn't make it to the States, but there's a 'Fatal Frame' game called Project Zero, or something like that.

And there are a couple other ones that I cannot think of right now that I've seen/hear of before.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#3KFHEWUIPosted 1/10/2014 12:36:07 PM
Cursed Mountain

Great story and great atmosphere. Just be sure to read the controls thoroughly in the instruction manual since the game does a poor job of explaining the motion controls.

Ikenie no Yoru

Was only released in Japan, but it is about four (or five) friends that explore a haunted house. They start disappearing one by one. One interesting thing about the game is that the Wii Fit Board can be used to control the characters in the game.

Escape from Bug Island

It is a B grade cheesy horror game and despite the lashing the game received by critics, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The motion controls are not great, but the combat still works fine even with them.

Ju-on: The Grudge

The game is composed of five levels where the player runs around haunted areas, and this game had potential. Biggest issue is the player moves around at the pace of a snail crawling through molasses. This makes the levels tend to drag on when most can easily be beaten in a five minutes with faster characters.

Calling

People have started dying after visiting a site called "Black Page", and the game follows several characters that have visited the site.
---
Proud fan of Blue Oyster Cult! R.I.P. Allen Lanier!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_CI1pHohWQ
#4Kous52Posted 1/10/2014 1:58:51 PM
Manhunt 2 kinda..
---
3DS FC: 1504-5689-5544
Animal Crossing New Leaf Town Name: Johto.
#5FeiBenaresPosted 1/10/2014 7:50:11 PM
Obscure The Aftermath
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#6TheReaSolCutterPosted 1/14/2014 11:09:29 AM
Depending on what you're after, Fragile Dreams might fit.
#7Jami393(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2014 9:54:51 PM
So I looked at some gameplay of Cursed Mountain and it looms interesting and I will probably get it if I can. Also I looked at The Grudge because I was also interested in seeing the original Japanese version of the movie and that game looks really good also. I'm surprised that it got bad reviews.
#8Skygor_IIPosted 1/15/2014 8:00:24 AM
FeiBenares posted...
Obscure The Aftermath

I'd skip this one or at least place it as the lowest priority. The motion controls are awful. Note that I am experienced and like games with heavy and somewhat precise motion control combat. E.g. Force Unleashed, Dragon Blade, Onechanbara, Dead Rising.
---
backloggery.com/skygor
#9Skygor_IIPosted 1/15/2014 10:09:23 AM
Post Scriptum:

For some clarity. I'm aware that in survival horror combat is secondary. It is part of the experience to have clunky or inefficient ways to fight. In Obscure the controls are counter intuitive. So far for all motion controlled games it is something simple: shake for a melee, point & B for guns, A button for some standard attack, D-Pad for weapon select. In Obscure it's something very odd like point & A to aim, then Z to fire a gun. Or shake & B to melee. While I was playing nothing felt correct, and this is with 4 motion control combat games under my belt. The controls in Obscure could have been smoother leaving challenge from combat mechanics such as "cooldown", "rate of fire", or rhythm instead of what buttons to press.

The game seems OK but its was -very- aggravating playing it. (I have only played it coop with a friend.)
---
backloggery.com/skygor
#10WizardofHothPosted 1/26/2014 1:54:25 AM
Nintendo Wii really doesnt have much for horror games