This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Wi-Fi games with Items/Unlockables/Achievements ONLY obtainable using Wi-Fi?

#1FirstNintendorkPosted 4/2/2014 4:12:42 AM(edited)
I haven't found the time to play over 90% of my Wii games, so due to the fact that they're shutting down the Wi-Fi connection soon - I never will get to play them online... Like it says in the title of the topic, I want to at least try to get any items, unlockables, or achievements that can only be obtained while using Wi-Fi. If you can list any that you know of, it'd be much appreciated.

Also, are there any online co-op games that do NOT allow local co-op with a significantly different storyline or ending (or different cutscenes that can be viewed afterward in a gallery) than what you can get with single-player?

In case you also own a DS, I posted a thread there as well...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/925329-nintendo-ds/68936455
#2FirstNintendork(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 4:10:21 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Mario maniacPosted 4/2/2014 8:41:03 AM
http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/930752-nintendo-wii/68746036

There's a fair few Wii games listed there. Off the top of my head Animal Crossing and Excitebike are among the most affected, but we never got an answer as to whether weapons unlocked in The Last Story's online mode can be used in single player.
---
3DS FC: 5327-0923-7747
New Leaf: Adam in Animal C
#4FuzzyJelloPosted 4/2/2014 11:57:13 AM
Everything you earn in Last Story's online mode goes back to the save file you use to play the matches. So that's that question answered.
#5kaminarikidPosted 4/2/2014 6:22:35 PM
Tales of Graces has an online challenge mode.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Kaminari_Kid.png
Not changing this signature until Kofi Kingston wins a world title. Started 12/12/12
#6FirstNintendork(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 9:33:36 PM(edited)
If I'm getting a Japanese Wii, will I be able to play Tales of Graces online from the US?

And thanks for the link Mario Maniac. Since that one and the thread it links to are already archived, I'll post a list here of all the Wii games that were mentioned on it - as soon as I get time.
---
3DS Ambassador - Friend Code 2535-3733-6261 ~ Wii U: OldSchoolGamer1
#7New LinkPosted 4/3/2014 11:53:42 AM
Half of Monster Hunter Tri's content was online, but the servers have been shut down for a while now.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#8FirstNintendork(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 12:34:10 PM
Okay, here's an updated list so far...

============================================================

Animal Crossing: City Folk - trading items

Call of Duty games - online unlockables (weapons, perks/gadgets, attachments, emblems, titles,
. . . . . . . . . . . . . challenges) BUT once the WI-FI is down, they won't even be able to be accessed
. . . . - Combat Training (Black Ops) and Special Ops (MW3) will be unavailable even for solo play

Conduit 2 - achievements only obtainable online, and they can be seen from the main screen

GoldenEye - same as the Call of Duty games

The Last Story - unlockable content including weapons, which can then be used in single-player

Tales of Graces - challenge mode

========== WiiWare ==========

Alien Crush Returns - free DLC

Excitebike - exclusive paints

============================================================

If you know of any other games or WiiWare with free DLC, please post them! (And please specify if it's all user created and/or if there's official content available from the developer.)
Unlike Pay & Play content, any extra DLC that's free now - will NOT be available afterward.
-
--
---
3DS Ambassador - Friend Code 2535-3733-6261 ~ Wii U: OldSchoolGamer1
#9Mario maniacPosted 4/16/2014 12:22:36 AM
The three Mario & Sonic games each have an achievement that involves you connecting to WFC. As far as I can tell there's only one "badge" per game that requires WFC.
---
3DS FC: 5327-0923-7747
New Leaf: Adam in Animal C
#10PresidentPandaPosted 4/17/2014 12:42:22 PM
Mario maniac posted...
The three Mario & Sonic games each have an achievement that involves you connecting to WFC. As far as I can tell there's only one "badge" per game that requires WFC.

Are you sure that's not just for the first Mario & Sonic Olympic game? I was looking at the cheats section for each game and I didn't see it for the other two. (Unless it wasn't listed.)

Well, if all it involves is connecting to WFC, at least that isn't time consuming. God, I hate this shutdown.
---
My previous sig served no purpose so I've got this great, new one instead!