This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii games are still pretty expensive

#1Lemon_MasterPosted 4/9/2014 5:58:20 AM
I only all of five Wii titles. Last gen everything cost too much so I brought DS or NGC titles. Now I want Wii games and..

Many games are still $25 - $35, which is less than before but more expensive than you'd expect from a 5~ game.
#2Breastmilkn_DipPosted 4/9/2014 9:43:43 AM
I'd say you were getting supremely stiffed. For the last 18 months, I've been picking up Wii titles for less than 5 as and when I come across them: Trauma Center, Conduit 2 (new), MP3: Corruption, Fragile Dreams, Arc Rise Fantasia, Muramasa (new), Disaster: DoC (new) to name but a few, all purchased for 3-4 each.

---
"One game has the power to change everything" Iwata 30/10/13
"It is difficult to change our prospects with just one title" Iwata 31/10/13
#3RLSNintendo1985Posted 4/9/2014 4:56:31 PM
Yeah Wii games here are like 5 to 15 bucks. Depends on the titles though.
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I own over 2500 games and counting. Once I own enough I'll start a review show.
#4StephieGamerPosted 4/10/2014 1:44:37 AM
I'm sure he's talking about Nintendo's first party games, many of which are still $30 and more, like Zelda: Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Return to Dreamland, not to mention Xenoblade.
---
My name's Reggie. I'm about kickin' ass. I'm about takin' names. And we're about makin' games.
#5mrmtmnPosted 4/10/2014 9:52:54 AM
But I have noticed some of the most expensive games are coming down slightly in price. Xenoblade seems to be $10 cheaper. Metroid trilogy & Skyward Sword too.
They're still pricey, but less than last year.
---
A ball is better than a marble.
#6TheBitBanditPosted 4/10/2014 11:05:46 AM
Most Wii games down here in New Zealand are still pretty expensive, it's probably because the local shops think the games can still be played on the Wii U and so are worth something.

I remember when the Atari Lynx was discontinued back in the 90's, my local Woolworths had a heap of Lynx's and games. They sold the Lynx's off for $20 each and they bundled the games up into packs of 4 and sold the packs for $5 (back then one NZ$ was about roughly equal to US 50 cents).

My local shops still have shelves full of Wii games, eventually they're going to want to get rid of them and I hope to see massive discounting.
#7Caboose_MillerPosted 4/11/2014 3:21:15 PM
Depends on what game it is. I've gotten at least 20 games for around $10 over the past few months
---
CabooseMiller101 of YouTube
"I don't know if I'd want virtual reality...I play games to escape reality..." - syphoned_edge
#8Vara_samaPosted 4/12/2014 9:51:45 PM
Here in Mexico, Wii/DS games are pretty scarce (at least here in the city I live and the neighboring ones) so lately, the only way to get them is online and sometimes the prices aren't that cheap (plus the shipment) so I end up paying nearly the same as they'd cost if I found them in my city. The only ones found everywhere are the main franchises (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon) which barely lower their prices, and really cheap shovelware nobody buys (such as games based on game shows or reality shows)

Even WiiU games are scarce, but whoever is looking for Xbox 360 games, they're in luck because they're everywhere. Of course, most people around here don't buy those and that's why the stores are littered with them all the time (here it's really common people modding their consoles and buy tons of pirated games), last generation was the same, GCN games were hard to find but original PS2 games were everywhere (some stores still sell those!)
---
My collection of games: www.backloggery.com/mavarac
Maybe you've seen me online? I go by "Mawioc Udwoc" or just "Mawioc".
#9Ryan SiPosted 4/18/2014 11:25:14 AM
StephieGamer posted...
I'm sure he's talking about Nintendo's first party games, many of which are still $30 and more, like Zelda: Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirby's Return to Dreamland, not to mention Xenoblade.

Nintendo's first-party titles tend to retain a lot of value even after the system is dead simply because a lot of people buy Nintendo consoles mostly for Nintendo games. No need to drop the price too much.
---
Playing: Pandora's Tower (Wii), Area 51 (PS2)
#10wedontgetfooledagainPosted 4/18/2014 5:06:47 PM
I've been finding deal after deal!

Anywhere between basically nothing (.95cents) to pretty cheap (10 bucks).

First party titles are a real pain though, as always with Nintendo.
---
Please don't post to GameFAQs while driving. It could get you killed. Or, worse, modded.
PKMN Y FC: 2638 0313 9346 - Saxon/Psychic FS