Soul Crush chain...

#1AnomylousPosted 5/31/2009 11:33:05 AM
Quick Q, trying to soul crush evolver, but for some reason I can't chain SCs. The heat gauge of course reaches 100 after the first SC and there ARE two SC users (Rufus/Mithra).

Something to do with divine time giver? Some weird immunity? Something stupid I did?
---
Oh no! You wasted precious seconds reading this!
#2triAce_FanboyPosted 5/31/2009 3:05:40 PM
Party splitting? The character has to be part of the combo.

Can't think of anything else other than that or not using a SC-enabled weapon.

---
Valkyrie Profile 2 and Eternal Sonata:
http://www.youtube.com/triAceFan
#3Anomylous(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2009 6:03:02 PM
Everyone participated...I think I sort of have it figured out. Was refighting Kraken with three characters as well, and a similar "problem" occurred.

If I complete the combo with Alicia's 3rd attack (This is with divine time giver, so means her second loop), I can SC with at least 2 characters. Sometimes I can only SC twice instead of three though.

Overall, it seems to be related to how quickly the SC screen shows up, because it always fails to chain if the boss has time to start getting up as the SC screen appears.
---
#4CrimsonchalicePosted 5/31/2009 6:14:57 PM
I can hardly see how that can have anything to do with it. S C activates and are chained through heat. If you build your heat gauge up to 100 you can use S C despite what attack that finishes the combo. Obviously, if you take to long in between the chains the heat drops and the gauge wont be refilled to continue the chain. Though, in this example Ive no idea what is malfunctioning.

"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ? "
#5Nikar2Posted 5/31/2009 6:29:39 PM
to chain from 1st SC to 2nd, you can use anyone.

to chain from 2nd to 3rd, you can use anyone, although i doubt HWs and Dylan can make it (Arngrim can, though).

to chain from 3rd to 4th, Rufus is a guarantee (and Valkyrie too).
LWs and Alicia and Archers and Freya can chain from 3rd to 4th SC if they've Heat Up.

maybe you gotta tell us who your members are.

important thing is: press the buttons right away the instant u see the SC screen.

---
"I am Freya, recall thy name on your journey to Hel." - Freya from Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile series = most epic game in history).
#6Anomylous(Topic Creator)Posted 5/31/2009 9:32:59 PM
Ah, I wouldn't report this if it was something stupid like heat not filling up. I've finished VP1 twice (thrice maybe, I forget), so I wouldn't miss something obvious like that.

What happens is this: First SC (I press the button nearly immediately, though that doesn't matter much since it's first), full heat gauge, character talks, SC screen fails to show up as the enemy gets up. The heat gauge is flashing at 100. Everyone has participated in the attack.

In any case, I have yet another suspicion for the cause, but I guess no one here knows, so I"ll close this topic.
---
#7thundercryPosted 5/31/2009 9:47:45 PM
I want to see it. If it won't be too much troble, can you record it and post at utube?
#8Nikar2Posted 5/31/2009 9:56:34 PM
er-hem! is this a troll topic, Anolymous?

---
"I am Freya, recall thy name on your journey to Hel." - Freya from Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile series = most epic game in history).
#9Anomylous(Topic Creator)Posted 6/1/2009 1:27:28 PM
Ok, will try to post a vid...though I"ve never recorded before. But before I do that, perhaps this will explain it:

I'll admit that I've been running my copy of VP2 on an emulator (PS2 lens can't even read Kingdom Hearts 2 when my comp runs it perfectly, tried cleaning it and adjusting laser voltage as well).

Anyways, this problem seems to vanish if I turn off speed hacks (which make VP2 play at a normal speed). So essentially, compat problems if I try to get it to run "normally."

If some are wondering, the emu is pcsx2.

And the reason why I suspect its the emu is that I couldn't leave Surts Volcano Mountain due to a stupid jump glitch caused by the speed hacks, and I was about to ask here before realizing I should try without the hacks, and lo and behold I can jump out >_>
---
#10Chao_YunPosted 6/1/2009 5:18:11 PM
-_- My sympathy just dropped to less than nothing.
---
Forest trees are greener.