The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Help in Seraphic Gate

#1Eternal_Dream21Posted 2/25/2012 1:29:49 PM
So, I've recently beaten the game and decided to tackle the Seraphic Gate. Surprisingly the first three bosses were a piece of cake. I haven't tried taking on Freya yet, but I'm sure I won't be as lucky this time, so I'd like to be a little bit more prepared.

Since I have started this dungeon, I've always used the same Sealstones, which are:

Yggdrasil Blessing
Sword Blessing
Shield Blessing
Lifeforce Blessing

Here is my current team: Lenneth, Arngrim, Brahms and Lezard which are all near level 70. They all have the same skills (or almost) on: Survival, Fortify Physique, Toughness and Fists of Iron (except for Lezard who has the Magic equivalent).

And here's their accessory setup:

Lenneth

tri-Emblem
Great Eagle Heart
Drainwing
Steel Horseshoe (ATK +5%)

Arngrim

Power Bangle (only have 1)
Great Eagle Heart
Drainwing
Bloody Patch

Brahms

Great Eagle Heart
Homunculus Seed
Bloody Patch
Drainwing

Lezard

Magic Bangle x3
Drainwing

I'm sure I will get beaten up by the two last bosses of the Seraphic Gate with this setup, so help would be appreciated. Also, please don't suggest grinding for stuff, as I'm tired of grinding in this game... Lastly, after Ethereal Queen, I'm putting this game down, so I just want a not too hard and quick way of finishing up. Thanks a lot in advance!
#2Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2012 2:32:08 PM
Well, I've just defeated Freya with this setup. it was hard, but at least it only took one try. So, I'll replace Arngrim with Freya for EQ, but I still need help, because after Freya, which was a pain, I'm sure EQ will be impossible as I am now.
#3AishaPosted 2/25/2012 5:31:31 PM
The problem with your setup is that you have too many defensive and curative elements in it, which turns each boss fight into a battle of attrition. Each boss fight in the Seraphic Gate can be trivialized down to a couple of attacks if you completely focus on offense, which involves stacking as many damage and ATK multipliers as possible. Despite leaving yourself completely defenseless, it really is the easiest and fastest way to deal with them. The board sticky tells you pretty much everything you need to know; you just have to adapt its strategy to a party (e.g., you won't want to use Solitary Struggle or Adversity).

Unfortunately if you don't have the required sealstones, skills, and equipment, you're going to have to get them, which could fall under your definition of grinding (although skills and equipment are pretty easy to get). But honestly, being two bosses away from the end of the game, so if you don't feel like doing more legwork then you should just try EQ and the boss after and see how it goes.
#4Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2012 11:24:45 PM
A Kouji posted...
The problem with your setup is that you have too many defensive and curative elements in it, which turns each boss fight into a battle of attrition. Each boss fight in the Seraphic Gate can be trivialized down to a couple of attacks if you completely focus on offense, which involves stacking as many damage and ATK multipliers as possible. Despite leaving yourself completely defenseless, it really is the easiest and fastest way to deal with them. The board sticky tells you pretty much everything you need to know; you just have to adapt its strategy to a party (e.g., you won't want to use Solitary Struggle or Adversity).

Unfortunately if you don't have the required sealstones, skills, and equipment, you're going to have to get them, which could fall under your definition of grinding (although skills and equipment are pretty easy to get). But honestly, being two bosses away from the end of the game, so if you don't feel like doing more legwork then you should just try EQ and the boss after and see how it goes.

Ok thanks! What's the best way to get Dragon Rib and Incense, that's all I'm missing for the definitive setup against Ethereal Queen?
#5AishaPosted 2/25/2012 11:45:15 PM
Mm, the White Loincloth would be best against Iseria Queen since it doubles damage against female enemies, but only Gabriel Celeste drops it so it's pretty easy to miss on your first loop through Seraphic Gate.

The Incense can be obtained from the tip of the right tentacle of the Damp Clayman, which is found from a crawling enemy on the second floor (Wodin's) of the Seraphic Gate. I don't remember which attacks can reach the tentacle, but maybe Brahms' Overhammer or a generic heavy warrior's Sweep Dive.

The Dragon Rib can be obtained from the neck base of the Dragon Zombie in the Palace of the Venerated Dragon. It should be pretty easy to get by now; just attack from the front and break the head to get at the neck base.

Also be sure to equip your heavy warriors with a Tyrfing. You can get it by Direct Assaulting Tiamat, which is found on the fourth floor (Frigga's) of the Seraphic Gate. The room adjacent to the room with the exit mirror has two crawling enemies--the left one rarely spawns Tiamat.
#6Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 9:37:15 AM
Alright, what would my chances be with this setup:

Only Freya, level 55 (could grind a bit if it's too low)

Accessories:

Dragon Rib
Incense
Magic Dragon Horn
Bone Mask

Skills:

Solitary Struggle
True Seeing
Magician Slayer
Fists of Iron

Sealstones

Sharp Sword Law
Desperate Soldier Law
Yggdrasil Blessing
Sword Blessing

Do you think this would work out, or I'd get killed because I'd have like 1 HP? Also, should I send all my useless Einherjar and give all my stat boosting items to Freya?
#7Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 10:13:36 AM
Sorry for double posting, can't edit yet, new account.

I've just noticed that 12 AP won't be enough to equip all the needed skills. Is leveling up the only way to gain more AP?
#8RaphaelBelmontPosted 2/26/2012 4:09:42 PM(edited)
Eternal_Dream21 posted...
Alright, what would my chances be with this setup:

Only Freya, level 55 (could grind a bit if it's too low)

Accessories:

Dragon Rib
Incense
Magic Dragon Horn
Bone Mask

Skills:

Solitary Struggle
True Seeing
Magician Slayer
Fists of Iron

Sealstones

Sharp Sword Law
Desperate Soldier Law
Yggdrasil Blessing
Sword Blessing

Do you think this would work out, or I'd get killed because I'd have like 1 HP? Also, should I send all my useless Einherjar and give all my stat boosting items to Freya?

that should be fine for a first time. you may want to level up Freya just a lil more till she learns heavenly punishment (you'll thank me, believe me). also give your Lezard or whoever you want the free item skill, bc like Gabe EQ regenerates everytime you break her weapons then you use a charge break and bang her again.. also having a character
with 4 silence checks will mostly prevent instant death from her GM.
it might take a while but it ain't so tough.

BUT WAIT (SPOILER)

she ain't the last, she'll tell you about the One, that you might defeat it (no, it's not Neo).
after you defeat the One you have made a SG run.

good luck! ;)

edit: 12 AP is the most you can get. happens at level 40. use wisely don't waste and 12 is just enough.
---
"They say one should not speak unkindly of the dead, so I say 'Nice try!'"
#9Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 5:48:39 PM
RaphaelBelmont posted...

that should be fine for a first time. you may want to level up Freya just a lil more till she learns heavenly punishment (you'll thank me, believe me). also give your Lezard or whoever you want the free item skill, bc like Gabe EQ regenerates everytime you break her weapons then you use a charge break and bang her again.. also having a character
with 4 silence checks will mostly prevent instant death from her GM.
it might take a while but it ain't so tough.

BUT WAIT (SPOILER)

she ain't the last, she'll tell you about the One, that you might defeat it (no, it's not Neo).
after you defeat the One you have made a SG run.

good luck! ;)

edit: 12 AP is the most you can get. happens at level 40. use wisely don't waste and 12 is just enough.

Okay, but how can I use Lezard if I go in the battle with only Freya, so that I can take advantage of Solitary Struggle?

Oh, and what about stat boosting items? Should I pump Freya with all the ones that I have?
#10Eternal_Dream21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2012 10:23:09 PM
Success! Thanks a lot guys! I went in with Freya only and DAed both Ethereal Queen and Dirna with the shadows!

Well, VP2 was a great game, but still not as good as the first one. I'm putting it down, now. I hope there'll be a sequel on PS3, but that doesn't look likely... Oh well, thanks again for the tips!