So....what now? (Spoilers)

#41RaphaelBelmontPosted 10/5/2012 5:54:25 PM
Mimeblade posted...
Solitary Struggle is even more powerful by comparison?

i already told you. solitary struggle, fists of iron, adversity and slayer skills. that is true INSANE power. all else is a fancy set up. of course you can have strategies for enemies like having people for ap restoration, recover, a tank, etc...but in the end you'll always need THE damage dealer which is that character equipped with the skills i told you.

but since you're playing a normal run all you need is an all offense strategy/setup. which you can find at the sticky thread here. but all i told you is simple enough isn't it?

have a pyshical character and a magic one (i do that always work with two men cells) to increase the damage and yet be able to soul crush (because i like it not really needed) have your characters at hp 1 (or around 3,000 to be safe) and dragon ribs. desperate measures is simple as that. then go beating the game, on and on, until you reach a hard CR. then return to me and i'll make you understand true strategy. but probably by there you'll be as good as me (maybe better because i'm not too knowledgeable, wise?) i have no background info but i don't really care, i know how to be powerfull as hell, control my ap and range so i can always attack, hard, and never be hit, yes not even once.

if you want real knowledge of the game tri-ace fanboy, terry, aisha, chalice and others know better. i'm a fighter, not really a thinker (but i'm not dumb :{ )
---
granting my beloved's wish, is all i can do to prove my love...eternity without her...would be nothing but emptiness...
Leon Belmont - Lament of Innocence.
#42CrimsonchalicePosted 10/6/2012 2:10:22 PM
Mimeblade posted...

Exactly how strong IS Desperate Measures anyway? I know it's strength dependent, but by how much?

It´s not affected by str. Think of it as Dismantle without the need for a critical hit ( that and of course the reduction of the characters max HP ). Will work like a charm until you run into an enemy with doom immunity.

I've gotten to the point where I now have another 20,000 Crystals and am thinking about freeing up that "Secluded Valley Law" so it can stack with my "Sheathed Power Wrath" + "Negate Light Damage"/"Great Shield Law" and see what happens.

Or you can just release Brimstone or Holy Light Law and set-up a character to be next to invincible + be able focus on holding offensive sealstones.

Raphael and I were debating Barrier Blessing in a recent topic and the sealstone is really complete crap at SG. Avoiding 50 points of damage means nothing, especially if you´re already using Forcefield 5000.

Great Shield Law will let you raise a stat that really won´t help you ( I believe I explained this in the very same topic ). It will also lower your ATK ( this goes for the entire party, since we´re talking about a sealstone ) If you feel like your characters have trouble dishing out enough damage the last thing you should do is gimping them even more.
---
"C.Chalice - Dream or deceit ? Who will ever know ?"
#43RaphaelBelmontPosted 10/6/2012 3:38:36 PM
raising rdm means almost nothing. specially at the SG where almost all enemies use magic.
of course it helps a little but by comparison of other stones it's nothing.

go get brimstone law and set the world on fire.

but i believe it's useless chalice i have been telling him that for years and he insists on fancy set ups.
---
granting my beloved's wish, is all i can do to prove my love...eternity without her...would be nothing but emptiness...
#44Mimeblade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 2:45:25 AM
I'll work on getting either Holy Light or Brimstone next, since I have to level up my characters anyway (I just finished teaching Freya everything, but it's gonna take forever for my higher leveled Sorcerers to learn Skills since I already have two Enherjar sorcerers that 'know' everything, so learning more isn't really necessary).

Been using a Heavy with Desperate Measures + Forcefield 5000 + 4 Dragon Ribs, so I'm dealing SOME damage at least, managed to get Demon Sword "Nefarious" from Heim"dual!" (whut?), still haven't tried Solitary Struggle with a Heavy yet (didn't work so well with a Sorcerer + Flame Mist against Freya, lol).

Also I'm wondering what is considered the 'best' Bow in the game overall? I'm trying to get the bow that Ull has (using the crumbling platform walking enemy room).

Also haven't Leveled Freya or the other Valkyries yet, so I could use them for Solomon's ring if I wanted (too bad you can't re-arm accessories mid-fight).

Also, farming items from the Mimic Sacs needed to make Miracle Guard was actually kinda hard. Is there a drop rate for those items? (Is there a Sorcerer equivalent to Dragon Rib?)
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#45AishaPosted 10/7/2012 3:11:31 AM(edited)
First, multiple Dragon Ribs don't do anything for you: Effects don't stack. The only exceptions to this rule are effects that manipulate critical rank or special attack damage. You should REALLY be doing something like Bloody Patch, Dragon Rib, Power Bangle, Power Bangle. I don't recommend Desperate Measures and Forcefield either, but whatever.

The best bow is either the Soothsayer Bow, the Blue Gale Bow, the Shiny Rupture, or the Supreme Crossbow. It really just depends on how your archer is configured

As for the items required to make the Miracle Guard, they each have a 15% drop rate. You should be using the 7777 HP trick to get those (Force Field 5000 actually comes in handy here), and really, any other items.

And no, there is no sorcerer equivalent of the Dragon Rib. I think they benefit from the Dragon Rib's effect though, so it's still worth equipping them with one. Unless of course, the Dragon Rib's effect is one of those weird effects that don't work on sorcerers; I can't remember what they all are.
#46RaphaelBelmontPosted 10/7/2012 6:50:42 AM
dragon rib works on sorceres as well. so as of course the brilliant peacemaker (since sorcerers need no strenght)
---
#47triAce_FanboyPosted 10/7/2012 7:07:39 AM
Stat boosts work for everyone.

Desperate Measures has no use whatsoever. Dismantle with Blue Gale or Ascalon has the same bonus with no HP penalty. Other than keeping 7777 HP the Forcefields are useless as well. Survival + passive healing gives much better results and never runs out.

Turn To Sealstones are way too expensive -- anything over 4000 crystals is not worth restoring. Even if you do want to get them it's only for show as there aren't enough slots/Daises anywhere to use those over the better ones. If you must restore any at all, go with Mudbank/Earth.

Aisha posted...
The only exceptions to this rule are effects that manipulate critical rank or special attack damage.

SC damage boosts stack?
---
Gaming videos: http://www.youtube.com/triAceFan (Latest: Mass Effect 3)
Valkyrie Profile 2 Bestiary: http://triacefanboy.hd1.com.br/
#48RaphaelBelmontPosted 10/7/2012 10:27:57 AM
they do. in my test of course not official i might be wrong (or not).

wing feather among other do increase SC damage. (keep in mind i tested this on a sorcerer, Farant.). but aparently they do. without any acessories i got around 9.000.in valhala's death dogs with acessories i got like 23,000.i also tested on copper coins to see if the mag value was more important, yet itens like wing feather did more. but wing feather doesn't stack (but i'm not sure)
---
#49Mimeblade(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 3:15:39 PM
Used Solitary Struggle + God Slayer + True Seeing (3 Dragon Ribs + Dragon Palm) on Dylan to try it out at Seraphic Gate along with the Attack Sealstones (also used an Ice Blessing Sealstone because I had "Nefarious" equipped).

It packs a punch but it's risky with certain Sealstones (Desperate Soldier Law). I managed to farm at least 5 Tri-Emblem Alphas, 3 Demon Sword "Nefarious", 3 Soothsayer Bows from my last excursion.

He's currently doing 22k damage on Full Swing, but that's still not quite good enough for some of the stronger enemies down here (of course I didn't equip Rust Wrath or Chasm Wrath either).

I think I might level him up some more and then take him to Bahamut and Walther and Gyne.

Also is there a way to minimize the chances of a sword breaking with "Wrath of Forcefulness"? Cuz once you break it, you lose it for good, right?

Is "Turn to Earth" really the best Turn-to Sealstone? I thought Brimstone was because it was better suited to killing Fire-based Gods and such?

And then of course there's Turn to Holy and Turn to Dark...I'm not sure how useful those would be.
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#50AishaPosted 10/7/2012 4:08:11 PM
triAce_Fanboy posted...
SC damage boosts stack?

They don't? Aren't there two effects that stack, the Sharp Spearhead one and another? I'm probably misremembering then.