Is this game really THAT rare?-question

#1MazikuPosted 12/13/2009 8:04:51 AM
Hi guys. I've been looking for this game in shops and even on eb game and gamestop sites but they dont have it. i have never seen a copy of this game new or used anywhere. i remember reading previews for it and being surprised that a 5th WA game was coming so late in the ps2's life span, but it looked good. i watched some videos and was impressed but it seems the only place i can find the game is on ebay or similar auction sites on the net.

How did you find your copy and where?
Thanks guys!

P.S i'm currently playing wild arms 3 for the first time. i owned it like 5 years ago but never had time to play it much after getting all 4 characters together, then i sold it. recently i ordered it off ebgames.com with 4 other rpg's and now im playing it. yes, im happy. anyways, answer the question please!
#2Norse Mage121Posted 12/13/2009 4:14:06 PM
It's really not that rare or expensive. I got mine at Gamestop just fine. Check Amazon and eBay.

You don't want it anyway, the game is just awful for a mountain of reasons. Get Alter Code F, 2 or XF(for the PSP) instead.

Meanwhile, enjoy 3. It's one of the best ones and definitely one of the coolest RPGs ever in terms of setting and stuff
---
Norse: It's a Kind of Magic.
This post contains the sub-message [ **** knockin'. Let me in! ].
#3buffy720Posted 12/13/2009 7:53:32 PM
Why do people populate a board for a game they dislike? o_O

Anyway, I found this game to be a lot of fun. I don't know about it being rare, but I have seen it a few times at my local GameStop and such. That's how I got my copy of it.
---
Eternal time. The infinite cycle of rebirth. Amidst that flow, human existence is meaningless. ~ Albedo
#4Zeroblade4201Posted 12/14/2009 2:25:19 AM
Its not hard to find at all, I just found it at gamestop the other day, if I didn't already have the special addition I would of got it. Its definitely one of the games you want to play in the wild arms series, the best one imo
#5Anastasia_95Posted 12/14/2009 5:49:42 AM
all wild arms game are good :3
even if i dont have it all...heheh XD;;
YESH,get the ALTER CODE F!!you wont regret it!!!!>:O
you wont regret playing the wild arms series!!!wooott!!!!!XDDD
well,i buy it in the local stores...but it..
anyway,yesh,it's rare in my country,too(many person dunno what wild arms is..)..looks like you only can buy via online these days..-^-

---
would u visit my deviantart?you wont regret it!! http://ana-chan95.deviantart.com X3
#6Hotel_SecurityPosted 12/17/2009 1:55:30 PM
You don't want it anyway, the game is just awful for a mountain of reasons. Get Alter Code F, 2 or XF(for the PSP) instead.

Oh spare me. He rips on an original game like WA5 and then suggests a cheap rehash of the original game. He's probably never even played the original WA1. Nice work, WA expert.
#7EnaikeiPosted 12/17/2009 2:15:16 PM
Why do people populate a board for a game they dislike?

Because Norsie is the local troll.
Unfortunately, every boards suffers from them. Just ignore him.

Yes, this game is insanely rare, if we're talking about the PAL version, and definitely worth getting.
I got mine via online means almost a year after the (PAL) release.
#8Norse Mage121Posted 12/17/2009 8:30:18 PM
Translation: "he hates something i like he's troll ignore him and only listen to meeeee"

tbh, no, I've never beaten the original WA. It's just too dated for me to enjoy. I'm fully aware of the watered down-ness of the plot and other things in ACF though, but it doesn't matter since it's still a really good game on its own. Probably my all time favorite traditional turn-based RPGs on the PS2, actually.

It certainly beats this game in terms of just about everything, even the stuff this game does best: optional crap. ACF has more side stuff to do, explore and defeat than any other game I've ever played. It's magnificent.
---
Norse: It's a Kind of Magic.
This post contains the sub-message [ **** knockin'. Let me in! ].
#9Hotel_SecurityPosted 12/18/2009 9:37:44 AM
tbh, no, I've never beaten the original WA. It's just too dated for me to enjoy. I'm fully aware of the watered down-ness of the plot and other things in ACF though,

The fact that you consider a PS1 game to be "dated" it just laughable. What happens when you see an old NES game? Does your head explode? Ha! How pathetic...we're really supposed to listen to you and believe in your judgement about WA5 being OH SO terrible and yet you flat-out admit that you can't POSSIBLY enjoy a game because it game out TWO WHOLE generations ago? Aww...are the graphics not purdy enough for you? You claim to be this big Wild Arms fan but you won't even TRY to play what is possibly the best game in the series due to some pathetic hang-up over it being an older game? Don't go ranting about your great fandom for the series unless you've played the original...if you were SUCH a great fan you would have preferred to play the original rather than some cheap rehash.

I'm fully aware of the watered down-ness of the plot and other things in ACF though, but it doesn't matter since it's still a really good game on its own.

Even funnier, you have NO problem with the plot of ACF being lame and "watered down" yet somehow you can't possibly get over the plot in WA5. It's awfully inconsistent for you to constantly rip on WA5 for the plot and then just blow off the plot issues in ACF because it happens to fit your argument. I love these convenient exceptions you make for liking one game over the other when they're largely inconsistent to your arguments as a whole. But, hey, don't like inconsistency stop you. It just makes it easier for folks like me to make you look like an idiot. Thanks.
#10Norse Mage121Posted 12/18/2009 2:23:53 PM
The fact that you consider a PS1 game to be "dated" it just laughable. What happens when you see an old NES game? Does your head explode? Ha! How pathetic...we're really supposed to listen to you and believe in your judgement about WA5 being OH SO terrible and yet you flat-out admit that you can't POSSIBLY enjoy a game because it game out TWO WHOLE generations ago? Aww...are the graphics not purdy enough for you? You claim to be this big Wild Arms fan but you won't even TRY to play what is possibly the best game in the series due to some pathetic hang-up over it being an older game? Don't go ranting about your great fandom for the series unless you've played the original...if you were SUCH a great fan you would have preferred to play the original rather than some cheap rehash.

XD what the hell is the matter with you

Old PS1 games havent aged well at all compared to games from the SNES and NES eras. FF7 looks like total ass outside of battle.

And I have "tried" to play it. I won it and have gotten a good ways into it twice.

Even funnier, you have NO problem with the plot of ACF being lame and "watered down" yet somehow you can't possibly get over the plot in WA5. It's awfully inconsistent for you to constantly rip on WA5 for the plot and then just blow off the plot issues in ACF because it happens to fit your argument. I love these convenient exceptions you make for liking one game over the other when they're largely inconsistent to your arguments as a whole. But, hey, don't like inconsistency stop you. It just makes it easier for folks like me to make you look like an idiot. Thanks.

And this part doesn't even ****ing make sense. You're babbling like they're the same game with the same story when they're not. ACFs plot and characters, even when watered down from WA1, are still infinitely better than this game's pile of cliches and terrible writing.

You don't compare stories like they're two apples. what the ****