Brass Balls/Seriously Good at this achievement glitch?

#1PlatypusChrisPosted 8/28/2009 1:42:52 AM
A friend of mine had gotten the brass balls achievement without the DLC, so I know I don't need it, but I just went through the whole game on hard, thinking that I would both achievements, and I got neither. So I tried downloading the DLC, and reloading Fontaine, and that didn't work either...If the brass balls one still isn't supposed to work thats fine, but I still didn't get the achievement for beating the game on hard? Am I glitched? Anyone know how to correct this? I really don't want to have to go through the game again on hard, it was kind of a pain. Someone please help!
#2PlatypusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2009 1:45:36 AM
and I didn't use a vita chamber at any point in the game either, I just kept reloading from a previous save.
#3blancbonPosted 8/28/2009 11:32:30 AM
Thats rubbish, im now going for these achievements also and know what ya mean, its an epic feat to get thru it! Did you start from the very beginning on hard?
#4PlatypusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2009 1:59:23 PM
Yes, I started from the very beginning, selected 'New Game' and selected hard. I did not change the difficulty at any point in the game either. I tried clearing the cache in my HD, in the system settings of my 360, but that didn't work either.
#5C0lmaPosted 8/29/2009 1:33:09 AM
Yeah I played through about three times now. First two times I beat it on Hard without using a single vita-chamber. The third time I cleared my cache and re-downloaded it and beat it on Hard again without using a single-vita chamber and I still have not gotten the achievement. I have died a couple times though but reloaded the game before the vita-chamber thing came up. My guess is that to get the achievement, I basically have to beat the game without even dying once so I don't use a vita-chamber and it automatically doesn't screw up my save (which is what I think is the problem). This would be a lot easier if they just kept the "Don't turn on vita-chamber option".
---
"Maybe you wanna put a little bush over here where birds can play. Why don't I put a happy little bush here as well." - Bob Ross
XBL Gamertag: C0lma
#6RockysCatnipCoPosted 8/29/2009 9:00:18 AM

I'm pretty sure you have to actually turn off the vitachambers in the settings.

#7Shogun_ChampionPosted 8/30/2009 4:24:54 PM
lol, i'm glad i'm not going for that achievement =P
#8PlatypusChris(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2009 9:16:23 PM
You don't NEED to turn the option off, because you don't even need the DLC to get it, and if that were even the case, I should have at LEAST have gotten the achievement for beating it on hard, I'm still not clear on this, anyone else have feedback?
#9TraderSamPosted 9/1/2009 1:02:05 AM
I'm pretty sure you do have to turn off the chambers in the options. . .on a side note why are you so hesitant to turn them off if you are going to be doing a run for brass balls? If you aren't going to use them why even have them enabled?
---
You can take a skipper out of the Jungle,
But you can't take the Jungle out of the Skip.
#10C0lmaPosted 9/1/2009 1:36:04 PM
Well for me, I've checked pretty hard and there is no option for me to turn off vita-chambers. I do not know why. Perhaps it is a glitch? Maybe they took it out after a certain time? Otherwise I would already have the achievement.
---
"Maybe you wanna put a little bush over here where birds can play. Why don't I put a happy little bush here as well." - Bob Ross
XBL Gamertag: C0lma