What happens through out the game if you harvest
the sisters? Spoilers
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
I just rented it so I can't do another play through. I saved all the sisters so Tenanbaum helping me out made a lot of sense. How do they handle the part with her and the place where all the freed little sisters are if you've been killing them? Does she still cure you and why would she? I did see the bad ending on youtube, so I'm interested in the smaller touches through out the game.
1. Harvesting shows the girls as little babbling zombies with one last hint of fear and humanity right before you gut the slug out. Tenebum will call you cruel and ask if you will continue to be so after the 1st harvest. Atlas tries consoling you for choosing survival over "those things"
2. Tenebum still removes the brainwashing, however only to absolve your "sins" by getting rid of Fontaine. The room is exactly the same except instead of the girls speaking of you as a hero, you're a mean monster that Momma Tenebum said stay away from.
3. During parts of the following endgame, you will get dialogue with Tenebum sympathizing with you about doing wrong by the girls. Strangely, he tone changes to a more angrier "Look at my home!" monologue when you harvest LSs for some strange reason.
4. The escort mission and Fontaine fight happens exactly the same. After all, you are Mr. Bubbles at this point... LSs have no reason to be afraid of you
5. I'm not sure if it's the order that you make the changes or when harvesting, but it's worth mentioning Tenebum spits out some snap comments during your BD run, including the "What is this you wait for? Engraved invitation!? GO!?"
6. I've had random BDs in the area of the dead Bd attack me after harvesting a LS. Think it's just a glitch, but it's something worth exploring. Has happened to me in Neptune and Hephestus, but could happen in Fort Frolic.
7. The most obvious change is more ADAM, however once you've played enough to know which Plasmids/Tonics are fluff (buying Lv.2 Plasmids is a waste, wait til Lv.3 if it has one), you'll see the extra ADAM is just as worthless.
Thank you for the concise information. It's a shame that things seem to be mostly the same. I haven't experienced the bad run myself, but it seems the story flows better if you are good. I wish there was a major change during the chapter where you are trying to get rid of the control words instead of Tenebum just helping you anyway. Maybe they could have had someone else step in, or you have to do it yourself.
Along with her newfound maternal instincts to protect the sisters, Tenebum felt responsible for putting Jack in that situation in the first place (she was there for Jack's "birth" and programming). Jack was the lesser of two evils, and since Fontaine was ruthless, all powerful, and out to get her, she really had no choice but to remove the brainwashing and aid Jack in fighting him. What was she going to do, send her army of freed Little Sisters to drain Fontaine of all his ADAM and kill him? HA! Whatever!