Why is my vision / sight gone all blurry / gray / fuzzy?

#1SquirrellyPosted 8/24/2010 3:25:57 PM
Playing BioShock, I walk into a room, and all of a sudden my "vision" (the whole screen display) starts fading back and forth between normal, and looking kind of fuzzy and gray, and a little pixelated. So I backed out of the room and even left the area, but it still keeps doing that. What does it mean? And is there something I need to do to clear that up? My health is full.
Thanks. :-)
#2Squirrelly(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2010 3:40:16 PM
Okay, I think I actually figured it out. I think it's a glitch. Seems I was walking into an area that was going to have some ghostly like image appear.. I had gone in far enough to make the fading vision part of it start, but not far enough for the image.. So when I left the area, the bug is it didn't stop the fading vision part. But once I decided to go ahead anyways and got to see the image, my vision returned to normal.
#3CDuGPosted 8/24/2010 7:19:13 PM

Bathroom at the beginning?

#4Squirrelly(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2010 7:41:05 AM
In the Medical Pavilion general area. In a hallway if I recall. Still pretty early in the game.
#5CDuGPosted 8/25/2010 8:03:51 AM

I believe that's the 2nd time it should have happened then. You may have missed it the first time if you were moving too fast. I watched someone else play through the beginning of this game for the first time and they were treating it like any other shooter and just barging through levels like it was a race. I hated him a little bit. Not that I hate you. Just reflecting...

#6Squirrelly(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2010 6:31:06 AM
Ah I may have missed it, or just forgot, as it probably showed up then went away in short order. This time I had it staying that way, even though I left the area entirely.

And no, I don't rush through, quite the opposite. :-) I generally don't like FPS, but a friend got me this as a gift. And the reason I find myself enjoying it is because there's a lot more than just being a shooter, and has a lot of exploring, searching, and advancing of your character. Though I wouldn't mind a few more RPG-ish features too, like an inventory screen, and being able to check various things (like what plasmids you have equiped) at any time, etc. But it still goes far beyond my normal experience with FPS's. :-)
#7BIackWaltzPosted 9/8/2010 8:13:33 PM
If you hold L1 you can see what plasmids you have equipped.
---
- The BIack Waltz
#8Squirrelly(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2010 6:42:08 AM
(slaps his forehead) Sorry, I was meaning Tonics and such. Things you need to find / go to a machine to see right now.
#9egpNoodlezPosted 9/9/2010 7:46:11 AM
Well BioShock is like an FPSRPG-lite,basically that means no RPG elements whatsoever, further compounded in BioShock 2 it's just a straight shooter. It's not a System Shock game, so no inventory or any real RPG elements. The exploration elements and stuff are quite present in most FPS games, it's just BioShock is a very streamlined experience so it's more attractive to play for people.

But yeah, lack of inventory and need to use Gene Banks is bloody annoying. It's what made New Game Plus totally crap for me, having to wait until Neptune's Bounty or later to recustomise.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://ps3trophycard.com/cards/egpnoodlez/card.png
#10_Red___XIII_Posted 9/17/2010 11:44:20 PM

I believe that's the 2nd time it should have happened then. You may have missed it the first time if you were moving too fast. I watched someone else play through the beginning of this game for the first time and they were treating it like any other shooter and just barging through levels like it was a race. I hated him a little bit. Not that I hate you. Just reflecting...

Exact same thing has happened to me... In my head I'm thinking "look around you, look at the atmosphere, look at the environment, realize how utterly insane and disturbing and complete this world is". Instead I get "this game doesn't have enough weapons"... saddening.
---
A Man chooses. A Slave obeys.