Invalid CD key trying to get online?

#1LeadsailsPosted 7/2/2008 1:23:36 PM
ok i got an invalid CD key warning when i tryed to log online how do i fix this?
#2jedisage11Posted 7/2/2008 5:42:10 PM
I got the same message too... SU*KS!
#3RedDanDocPosted 7/3/2008 4:53:49 PM
all the zero's in your cd key are Naughts. this O not this 0.
#4Leadsails(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2008 5:00:02 PM
ok i reinstalled typed the cd key in with capitals downloaded patches now when i log in online it says connection lost.... try again failed to log on. my connection is fine i can play rome total war online
#5sandstigPosted 7/6/2008 10:16:11 AM

Leadsails, if you're using the Gold Edition, are you able to log-on when you use Americas, Brittania, Crusades or Teutonic?

On Vista (32-bit), I'm able to log-in with those four so long as I have "Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms" (kingdoms.exe) allowed in Windows Firewall. No such luck with regular Medieval 2 however, even with "Medieval 2: Total War" (medieval2.exe) enabled. I had to disable the firewall temporarily in order to connect. I've tried enabling all the ports listed on a thread on the official forums so that I wouldn't turn off the whole firewall, but so far the only thing that seems to have worked is killing Windows Firewall.

#6sandstigPosted 7/6/2008 10:20:05 AM
Since I can't edit my message, I'd just like to add that disabling your software firewall isn't an option I'd recommend unless you're sitting behind a physical router or firewall. :)