Changing faction heir?

#1q3demon4Posted 6/22/2009 4:09:48 AM
Is it possible to change the faction hair on this game, i know it was possible on rome total war and i have just bought this game so im wondering if its possible and how.
---
SSBB Code - 3609-3249-0693
#2SturmgeshcutzPosted 6/22/2009 4:50:33 AM
I read somewhere that its not possible to change faction heirs since its hardcoded in the game and can't be modded.

could be wrong though.
#3Insanity_184Posted 6/22/2009 6:28:48 PM
Ride your heir into an impoosible to win situation so he will die repeat as many times as needed...but no u cant choose, the only way even remotly possible is when the faction leader has a daughter and u have her marry a general if the current faction heir dies the married general will take his place (granted theres no other sons in the way but hell be colser)

If u think about it, it should be this way in those times the king was chosen by birth as divine mandate
---
GT: Insanity184
#4shottaker15Posted 6/22/2009 8:29:14 PM
Nope, you can't change your Faction Heir
#5FatmanComplexPosted 6/22/2009 8:44:27 PM
Actually!

You might be able to, using the "give_trait" cheat;

"Trait Factionleader
Characters family
AntiTraits Factionheir

Level Faction_Leader
Description Faction_Leader_desc
EffectsDescription Faction_Leader_effects_desc
Threshold 1

Effect Authority 3
Effect PersonalSecurity 3
Effect Level 2

;------------------------------------------
Trait Factionheir
Characters family
AntiTraits Exheir

Level Heir_Apparent
Description Heir_Apparent_desc
EffectsDescription Heir_Apparent_effects_desc
Threshold 1

Effect PersonalSecurity 2
Effect Level 1
"

What you will do is FIRSTLY, get the name of the current faction heir, and type this into the console:
give_trait "nameofcharacter" Factionheir -1

Then get the person you NOW want to be the heir, and type in:
give_trait "nameofcharacter" Factionheir 1

Tahdah.

(Untested, but hey! It's there! :D)
#6Insanity_184Posted 6/22/2009 9:38:54 PM
Wait ithe only problem i see with that is when you take away faction heir from one general, it will auto go to the next in line wouldnt it?
---
GT: Insanity184
#7FatmanComplexPosted 6/22/2009 11:40:44 PM
I wouldn't think so until the end of the turn, as generally a death is randomly generated at the beginning of a new turn, if natural... And then that triggers the new leader to be give the Factionleader trait, and the new Heir to receive factionheir. So it shouldn't automatically reselect a new heir. In theory...