Unit Experience

#1PapaRosarioPosted 2/15/2010 3:09:18 PM
What exactly does it do? I tried googling this question but came upon forum posts with vague responses like "it increases attack power, defense and morale", but with no mention of the magnitude. So exact numbers would be much appreciated if you know them. Otherwise, any information would help. Thanks.
---
"So I Say lol why is prot warrior chasing me? Am I raid boss lol??"
#2PapaRosario(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2010 3:20:57 PM
Also, I forgot to ask in my first post, I want to know specifically about missile units. Does it make them more accurate? If so, a high experience artillery unit would probably be pretty devastating.
---
#3traveltheoryPosted 2/15/2010 9:57:09 PM
im not sure about accuracy. I am fairly certain each bar of experience adds +1 to attack and +1 to defense. It would be nice to have these changes reflected in unit cards.

As for morale I am not sure. The effect of it should be that units are less likely to break and rout when under pressure. This is useful if you need a unit to hold the line long enough for your archers to pepper down enemies or need to get cavalry into position.

Under testing its pretty clear that even militia units with high experience dont rout nearly as quickly. The attack and defense sadly is nearly impossible to test that I know of.
#4Richyd13Posted 2/16/2010 8:58:00 AM
you were close, every bar doesnt increase attack/defense

it goes by bronze, silver, gold

each one of those is +1 MELEE attack and defense skill
#5PapaRosario(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 1:44:35 PM
So 1 chevron is the same thing as 3 chevrons?
---
#6traveltheoryPosted 2/16/2010 2:31:51 PM
if what he says is true yes, you only get benefit at 1 4 and 7
#7PapaRosario(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2010 2:34:47 PM
What's the point in having 8 and 9 then? I mean I somewhat understand 2, 3, 5, and 6 to kind of show you how far that unit has progressed to the next level. But 8 and 9 seem completely pointless if that is true.
---
#8gulsleighPosted 2/17/2010 5:09:42 AM
Units can loose experience in combat.
Missile units gain attack bonus in melee and normal defence bonus.
--
Forewarned is forearmed.
#9ziegdPosted 2/17/2010 1:40:11 PM

The 9 chevrons are a carry-over from RTW, where each chevron gave you an increase in melee, defense, and (iirc) missle as well. So I remember taking Cretan archers up to 3 Gold chevrons, and they were murderous with their arrows.

Also, a unit with 9 gold in M2TW can be used to provide reinforcements for a depleted unit with, say, 3 Silver. depending on how many men were used , the newly reinforced unit will now hve 1 or 2 Gold chevrons, and the now depleted unit with 3 Gold can be retrained to full strength, and the full unit will still have 3 Gold. (Which is different from RTW, where combining or retraining units with high experience resulted in a "dilution" factor, so the full unit would drop in experience, due to the number of green replacements. Personally, I thought that was more realistic. In M2TW, even if there is only one man left in a unit with 3 gold chevrons, when you retrain them, the whole unit is at 3 gold.)

#10PapaRosario(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2010 2:19:13 PM
In M2TW, even if there is only one man left in a unit with 3 gold chevrons, when you retrain them, the whole unit is at 3 gold

Really? That's pretty awesome. I just assumed it was the same way as it was in RTW. Damn I'm never merging units again. Always going to retrain.
---