How to edit building and unit stats ?

#1ZeibacherPosted 10/17/2010 4:38:02 AM
Hi, since - other than in Rome:TW - there are no more txt files one could edit I wonder IF a tool exists to do so.
I already searched TWCENTER for that but - honestly - the mod section there is just too gigantic for me and also comes with bad descriptions what those tools are about.

A name alone would help me out already.
#2codysan87Posted 10/17/2010 5:59:28 AM
you need to run the unpacker in the tools folder, that will give you the text files. it has a read me for how to go about it and how to run it afterwards. I have a small mod that makes the horsebreeder's guild both castle and city, makes generals recruitable, increases incomes on goods, changes battlemap movement modifers, and makes vassalizing easier. So I have a little experience with modding it, if you need help just ask and I'll try to help.
---
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.
#3Zeibacher(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2010 7:17:42 AM
Thanks a lot. I must have been blind all these years.
It is just I always thought building things taking WAY too much time.
I wanted to test out Stainless Stell and saw that they even RAISED the building time there.

Should it really take like 40 years for a region to build an advanced blacksmith while they are not constructing anything else ?

Btw, does a mod exist (IF it is modable at all) that lets one construct several buildings parallely at the same time ?
#4codysan87Posted 10/17/2010 2:47:45 PM
No problem. As I understand it, it took 10-15 years to build a castle back then, and they aren't really building only one building at a time, you get more population every turn so new houses are going up, new shops for them to use, and they are spending alot of time working the fields just to stay fed, not that this is something the devs took into account when designing, or maybe they did idk.

I haven't heard of a mod like that and I get the feeling it is hardcoded, although recruitment slots aren't, like the select an heir thing, that I want :(.
---
#5Zeibacher(Topic Creator)Posted 10/17/2010 3:49:42 PM
Ok ^ ^
I just find it a bit odd that a very small town is able to find the time to build a smith in 6 months while a real big city is not able to ugrade that smith into something better in less than several years.
#6codysan87Posted 10/17/2010 3:57:38 PM
Ehh I have a similar problem with units, 2 years to train a unit of gunners when the major benefit of guns was that any idiot could use it with very little training.

Ofcourse you can change the timescale to .5 so every turn is 6 months rather than 2 years. On top of that the construction of the export_descr_building file.
---