Mods for Medieval 2

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Mods for Medieval 2
5 years ago#1

I've been playing the vanilla version for a while and I now want to check some great mods that are out there.

So does anyone know any good mods or must-have mods for medieval 2 and/or kingdoms ?

5 years ago#2
Check out TWCenter. Stainless Steel is a must try. If you like LotR then Third Age is also a must try. Besides those two, just browse through and see which ones look interesting. Deus Lo Vult is very good if you like lots of challenging RP elements.
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
5 years ago#3
Definitly check out twcenter.net
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
5 years ago#4
Third age total war is a great Lord of the Rings mod if you have Kingdoms.
5 years ago#5
Which mods are good for playing as the Mongols? I know you can play as them (or the Golden Horde or whatever) in Stainless Steel and apparently in the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod, as well. Are there any others?
5 years ago#6
Since I'm considering modding the game for the first time as well, I'd like to add my own question to the topic: How exactly to mods work? I mean, is there an option to play a mod or the vanilla version of the game? Say if I installed a mod and played that for a little while but then wanted to go back to the vanilla version or a different mod temporarily, would I have to completely uninstall the mod? Or is it like the dropdown box in the launcher when Kingdoms is installed? (i.e. something like: "Medieval 2" "Britannia" "Teutonic" "[mod name]")
http://i55.tinypic.com/30hvn6t.jpg
5 years ago#7
I think the big mods have their own executables, so you'd launch them seperately.

Tweaks tend to be file replacements.
"You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think!"
5 years ago#8
Cesare_Borgia posted...
Since I'm considering modding the game for the first time as well, I'd like to add my own question to the topic: How exactly to mods work? I mean, is there an option to play a mod or the vanilla version of the game? Say if I installed a mod and played that for a little while but then wanted to go back to the vanilla version or a different mod temporarily, would I have to completely uninstall the mod? Or is it like the dropdown box in the launcher when Kingdoms is installed? (i.e. something like: "Medieval 2" "Britannia" "Teutonic" "[mod name]")

Mods have their own batch file that are used to run them. They're installed separately into a folder called "mods" in your Medieval 2 base folder. They don't replace any of your core game files so you can feel free to download as many as you want without disturbing your vanilla game.
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
  1. Boards
  2. Medieval II: Total War
  3. Mods for Medieval 2

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived