Mods for Medieval 2

#1acordaro1994Posted 8/21/2011 9:04:11 AM

I've been playing the vanilla version for a while and I now want to check some great mods that are out there.

So does anyone know any good mods or must-have mods for medieval 2 and/or kingdoms ?

#2PapaRosario23Posted 8/21/2011 10:04:58 AM
Check out TWCenter. Stainless Steel is a must try. If you like LotR then Third Age is also a must try. Besides those two, just browse through and see which ones look interesting. Deus Lo Vult is very good if you like lots of challenging RP elements.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#3OrangePoetPosted 8/21/2011 12:46:56 PM
Definitly check out twcenter.net
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#4bwb2005Posted 9/7/2011 5:18:08 PM
Third age total war is a great Lord of the Rings mod if you have Kingdoms.
#5RIngerPosted 9/11/2011 7:10:39 PM
Which mods are good for playing as the Mongols? I know you can play as them (or the Golden Horde or whatever) in Stainless Steel and apparently in the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod, as well. Are there any others?
#6Cesare_BorgiaPosted 9/12/2011 7:27:50 AM
Since I'm considering modding the game for the first time as well, I'd like to add my own question to the topic: How exactly to mods work? I mean, is there an option to play a mod or the vanilla version of the game? Say if I installed a mod and played that for a little while but then wanted to go back to the vanilla version or a different mod temporarily, would I have to completely uninstall the mod? Or is it like the dropdown box in the launcher when Kingdoms is installed? (i.e. something like: "Medieval 2" "Britannia" "Teutonic" "[mod name]")
---
http://i55.tinypic.com/30hvn6t.jpg
#7Metal Gear FredPosted 9/12/2011 7:33:53 AM
I think the big mods have their own executables, so you'd launch them seperately.

Tweaks tend to be file replacements.
---
"You can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think!"
#8PapaRosario23Posted 9/12/2011 9:39:02 AM
Cesare_Borgia posted...
Since I'm considering modding the game for the first time as well, I'd like to add my own question to the topic: How exactly to mods work? I mean, is there an option to play a mod or the vanilla version of the game? Say if I installed a mod and played that for a little while but then wanted to go back to the vanilla version or a different mod temporarily, would I have to completely uninstall the mod? Or is it like the dropdown box in the launcher when Kingdoms is installed? (i.e. something like: "Medieval 2" "Britannia" "Teutonic" "[mod name]")

Mods have their own batch file that are used to run them. They're installed separately into a folder called "mods" in your Medieval 2 base folder. They don't replace any of your core game files so you can feel free to download as many as you want without disturbing your vanilla game.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.