Game crash

#1cFour04Posted 2/27/2012 3:05:28 AM
My game seems to crash when i enter a battle, just after the loading screen.

any advice what to do??

uninstall and start from scratch? other options?
#2PapaRosario23Posted 2/27/2012 11:31:55 AM(edited)
Have you unpacked your data files? And if so, did you delete the two geography files? Those cause a CTD when entering a battle.

If that's not the problem, try adding an error log to see what the problem is. Go to your main Medieval 2 folder and find the file called medieval2.preference. Open it up in Notepad and add this to the bottom.

[log]
to = logs/system.log.txt
level = * error

Now when the game crashes, a new folder will be created in your Medieval 2 folder called logs. Open it up and there should be an error log telling you what happened.
---
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#3cFour04(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 5:25:08 PM
I unpacked the files but dont remember deleting those two geography files. That may be the problem...
is there a way i can fix it?
#4PapaRosario23Posted 2/27/2012 5:29:56 PM(edited)
Yes, make sure you read the ReadMe when using a tool like the unpacker. Go back to the ReadMe (in the same folder as the unpacker) and do a Ctrl+F for geography. It will tell you what to do.
---
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#5cFour04(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 6:27:15 PM
Ill give it a try. thanks.

i've been curious to try some mods for this game. Do you know how i could get them? im not very computer literate.
#6PapaRosario23Posted 2/27/2012 9:04:53 PM
If you have Kingdoms:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556

If you don't have Kingdoms:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211
---
#7cFour04(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 10:40:02 PM
Thanks!!

Sorry, im new to this stuff...
#8PapaRosario23Posted 2/27/2012 10:58:26 PM
No worries, everyone was new at some point. Don't hesitate to ask for any further questions!
---
#9cFour04(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 11:05:30 PM
alright, so i redid everything. I reinstalled a clean file of MWT2. installed both 1.2 and 1.3 patches.

next i must unpack and delete the two geography files right? if so im trying to unpack using the unpack_all file. is that the correct one or should it be unpack_all.bat?
#10PapaRosario23Posted 2/27/2012 11:38:25 PM
You didn't need to reinstall anything. You just had to delete a couple of files. But yeah, you use the unpack_all batch file. There should only be one file that is called "unpack_all".
---