Game crash

• Topic Archived
4 years ago#1
My game seems to crash when i enter a battle, just after the loading screen.

any advice what to do??

uninstall and start from scratch? other options?
4 years ago#2
Have you unpacked your data files? And if so, did you delete the two geography files? Those cause a CTD when entering a battle.

If that's not the problem, try adding an error log to see what the problem is. Go to your main Medieval 2 folder and find the file called medieval2.preference. Open it up in Notepad and add this to the bottom.

[log]
to = logs/system.log.txt
level = * error

Now when the game crashes, a new folder will be created in your Medieval 2 folder called logs. Open it up and there should be an error log telling you what happened.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
4 years ago#3
I unpacked the files but dont remember deleting those two geography files. That may be the problem...
is there a way i can fix it?
4 years ago#4
Yes, make sure you read the ReadMe when using a tool like the unpacker. Go back to the ReadMe (in the same folder as the unpacker) and do a Ctrl+F for geography. It will tell you what to do.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
4 years ago#5
Ill give it a try. thanks.

i've been curious to try some mods for this game. Do you know how i could get them? im not very computer literate.
4 years ago#6
If you have Kingdoms:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=556

If you don't have Kingdoms:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=211
4 years ago#7
Thanks!!

Sorry, im new to this stuff...
4 years ago#8
No worries, everyone was new at some point. Don't hesitate to ask for any further questions!
4 years ago#9
alright, so i redid everything. I reinstalled a clean file of MWT2. installed both 1.2 and 1.3 patches.

next i must unpack and delete the two geography files right? if so im trying to unpack using the unpack_all file. is that the correct one or should it be unpack_all.bat?
4 years ago#10
You didn't need to reinstall anything. You just had to delete a couple of files. But yeah, you use the unpack_all batch file. There should only be one file that is called "unpack_all".

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived