Is there a way to make someone Faction Leader?

#1RIngerPosted 3/12/2012 5:38:55 PM
I was wondering if there was a console command that I could use to change who my Faction Leader is. I'm playing a Third Age campaign as Mordor and I just resurrected Sauron, but the Witch-King is still Faction Leader. I think it's pretty silly for Sauron to be subordinate to the Witch-King, so is there a way that I can make Sauron the Faction Leader without repeatedly sending generals to their deaths?
#2PapaRosario23Posted 3/12/2012 9:58:32 PM
Nope, not that I know of.
---
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#3zyxosPosted 3/13/2012 7:33:24 AM

IIRC, there is something about being the heir apparent as a trait (the third to the throne), or am I wrong?

You'll still have to kill faction leader and heir though.

#4Master CilanderPosted 3/13/2012 10:59:15 AM
Wow, that sounds like it would ruin Third Age's immersion.

xd
---
Neutral but not impartial.
#5RInger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 2:11:30 PM
Someone on the TW Center forum suggested that whoever is chosen next as Faction Leader might be based on how much Authority they have. Is there a way I can just jack up Sauron's Authority level, like putting in "give_authority Sauron 100" or something?

(I know there probably isn't a code like that, that was just an example.)
#6PapaRosario23Posted 3/13/2012 5:18:53 PM

Someone on the TW Center forum suggested that whoever is chosen next as Faction Leader might be based on how much Authority they have. Is there a way I can just jack up Sauron's Authority level, like putting in "give_authority Sauron 100" or something?
(I know there probably isn't a code like that, that was just an example.)

Yes, this is definitely possible, but you're going to have to suicide the Witch King, which I assumed you didn't want to do. If you're okay with that, then you can raise his authority by giving him traits which raise authority.

give_trait Sauron FactionKiller 4
give_trait Sauron GoodDiplomacy 4
give_trait Sauron Pragmatic 3

These traits will give him 11 points of authority.
---
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
#7RInger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 7:39:03 PM
I would prefer not to get the Witch-King killed, but I'm using the "Immortal Nazgul" script, so I'd get him back the following turn, anyway. He'd just lose some of his traits and ancillaries. In any case, they suggested the same thing about giving Sauron traits that raise Authority over on TW Center. I tried it out, but it still didn't work. After the Witch-King died, one of the other Nazgul became Faction Leader instead of Sauron.

As it turns out, you actually can give someone the "Faction Leader" trait by typing "give_trait <character name> Factionleader." So, I can give Sauron the "Faction Leader" trait, but the game still does not recognize him as the leader. It still calls him a general, and says that the Witch-King is the "true" leader.
#8RInger(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2012 7:41:37 PM
And I tried giving Sauron the trait and then getting the Witch-King killed, but it still said one of the other Nazgul was the new leader. Maybe if there were a way to remove traits, but I don't know what the Witch-King's "character name" is. I type things like Witch-King, WitchKing, and Witch_King, but it always says the character name is not recognized.
#9PapaRosario23Posted 3/13/2012 7:43:11 PM
The Faction Leader character trait has nothing to do with the actual Faction Leader mechanic in the game. The character trait is just like any other character trait which simply provides stat boosts.
---
#10PapaRosario23Posted 3/13/2012 7:44:53 PM
Also, you can check for character names in the descr_strat file. Here's the Witch King's entry.

character Nazgula, named character, male, leader, age 41, x 290, y 138, portrait nazgul1, battle_model witchking, hero_ability Terror_of_the_Witch_King, label family_mordor1
traits Witchking 1 , hero_ability12 1 , FactionleaderTO 1 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , GoodCommander 3 , BattleScarred 2 , BattleDread 1 , CaptorDread 1 , GoodAttacker 1 , NightBattleCapable 1
ancillaries ring_witchking, king_mordor, witchkings_flail
army
unit Black Numenorians exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit Orc Band exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit Orc Band exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit Mordor Orcs exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit Mordor Scouts exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
unit Mordor Scouts exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

So the game recognizes his name as "Nazgula".
---